Another Female Teacher 'Incident'

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
And? I'm guessing those boys do not feel manipulated whatsoever. I get that society is pushing towards this idea that men and women are the same, but there is just no truth to that.
There is truth to the idea that a teacher is IN A POSITION OF AUTHORITY OVER A STUDENT, and SHOULD NOT ENGAGE IN SEXUAL RELATIONS WITH THEM, REGARDLESS OF THE RESPECTIVE GENDERS OF THE STUDENT/TEACHER.

What part of that has no truth in it?

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
There is truth to the idea that a teacher is IN A POSITION OF AUTHORITY OVER A STUDENT, and SHOULD NOT ENGAGE IN SEXUAL RELATIONS WITH THEM, REGARDLESS OF THE RESPECTIVE GENDERS OF THE STUDENT/TEACHER.

Why just teachers? Why not make it illegal for EVERY profession that deals with kids?

Are all these kids automatically victims to you regardless of their feelings? If both parties are of legal consenting age and both are willing participants, what if the only person who is aggrieved is a person NOT associated with the relationship?

Can you make a blanket claim someone is a victim if they themselves don't feel victimized?

And once again - teachers should not have sex with students and it's part of their employment. Absent true abuse, this is NOT a legal issue and merely an employment issue. IMHO of course.

Reactions: isutrevman

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA

How about a manager having sex with an employee? I think you are overestimating the amount of control a teacher has over a 17 year old, male high school student.

• Agree
Reactions: cyhiphopp

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA

You are stating an opinion, not a fact, so it can't really be true, or false.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Your segues into all the other "what ifs" have no bearing because the topic is TEACHERS and STUDENTS.

Clearly neither of you is following the train of thought here. I'm not surprised. Once more, for the learning impaired:

There is a clear double standard - a female teacher can get away with quite a bit of sexual abuse because by God, every teenage boy has the right to **** a teacher. A male teacher would be castigated, incarcerated, and placed on a sex offender list because by God, our darling little daughters should never be deflowered by a teacher.

If you can't see the double standard, there's little anyone could say to explain it to you.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Bosses shouldn't sleep with their employees, employees shouldn't sleep with clients, teachers shouldn't sleep with their students. Gender and legalities shouldn't matter, this is about professionalism. If you are a teacher that can't stop yourself from sleeping with your students, you shouldn't be a teacher. You're just not cut out for that job.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Your segues into all the other "what ifs" have no bearing because the topic is TEACHERS and STUDENTS.

Clearly neither of you is following the train of thought here. I'm not surprised. Once more, for the learning impaired:

There is a clear double standard - a female teacher can get away with quite a bit of sexual abuse because by God, every teenage boy has the right to **** a teacher. A male teacher would be castigated, incarcerated, and placed on a sex offender list because by God, our darling little daughters should never be deflowered by a teacher.

If you can't see the double standard, there's little anyone could say to explain it to you.
Some weird bro culture always makes its way into these threads from the beginning.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center

Yeah, but 17 yo teenage boys only have one thing on their mind. ;)

I do understand where you come from, but overall, if both sides are consenting and at least 17, whatever, have at it. Although I'm assuming I'm much closer to high school than most in this thread.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Yeah, but 17 yo teenage boys only have one thing on their mind. ;)

I do understand where you come from, but overall, if both sides are consenting and at least 17, whatever, have at it. Although I'm assuming I'm much closer to high school than most in this thread.
Again - it's the double standard issue. Female teachers having sexual relations with their students should be treated no differently from male teachers doing the same.
NEITHER should be doing it.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010

Nobody has really argued that point. There is a difference between removing these people from positions like teaching and a legal process that treats them as full fledged rapists that may very well send a woman like this to jail for a good portion of the rest of her life.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Nobody has really argued that point. There is a difference between removing these people from positions like teaching and a legal process that treats them as full fledged rapists that may very well send a woman like this to jail for a good portion of the rest of her life.
Say what?

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Again - it's the double standard issue. Female teachers having sexual relations with their students should be treated no differently from male teachers doing the same.
NEITHER should be doing it.

I think they're struggling with the whole idea of conquest. Or perhaps seeing it as a "nobody got hurt, so what's the difference?" deal.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Old stereotypes and prejudices are basically playing into the difference between whether it's a male or female teacher. Males are seen as the predator. Now having both genders in HS and having been around both sets for a few years. Girls can be as sexually driven as boys, it comes down to the individual. The thought of a male being a victim is not something a boy or his family wants to have thought about them. Puts a wuss slant to them, which they don't want to stick.

Another sticking point with the whole thing is the responsibility if a pregnancy occurs. The thought is the relationship will end. An adult female is seen as capable and responsible to raise it. She also won't have career choices altered (not factoring issues about the father, just talking pregnancy happening) whereas a student girl will have a rougher time with college, military, or whatever she decides to do for post HS training. In the situation of the male, the most they get hit with is child support and future life choices aren't altered as drastically.

I will say, that while someone is in HS, male or female, there should be no teacher relations. If schools can punish you for tabacco use as an 18 year old, I think this this a little bigger deal and should fit also.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Say what?

Nobody, or at least very few people have argued in this thread that any of the teachers should not lose their jobs after behaving this way. I think that the employers should be allowed to fire employees for whatever reason and this certainly would seem to be a big one.

However, that is a completely different argument from the legal argument and the resulting arrests of all of these teachers.

Reactions: isutrevman

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa

Maybe if a woman teacher coerced a student to have sex, she is a sex offender and should be treated as such? Just because she didn't (doesn't) have to try very hard doesn't make it less of a crime :mad:

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
One thing to make note of in these cases. While sex is a huge part of the issuen it's not just about sex, it's about power.

The attractive 25 year old at the start of this thread could have easily gotten laid without consequence if she wanted to. She chose to have sex with students because of the power it gave her.

Similar to violent sexual assault. It is often commuted by men who could have consensual sex if they wanted, but they want the power that comes with the assault.

A 17 year old boy is in many ways a "man" but there is a psychological component to having sex with a teacher that can affect adolescents in the future.

It is interesting that it's so much easier to understand this affect on a young woman than it is on a young man. But it still exists.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA

I'm saying I don't think there is anything wrong with a double standard, because men and women are DIFFERENT.

• Dislike
Reactions: bawbie

Help Support Us

Become a patron