Another Female Teacher 'Incident'

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Sex is a power thing but only in a classroom setting, and the impact on young men who have sex with teachers exists. Even if neither of those things are true in many cases.

What about college? Being 17 year 364 days old in high school disappears when I'm 18 and 1 day old in college. Doesn't seem arbitrary to me at all.
As mentioned previously, most universities (ISU included) have rules for faculty conduct - ie - don't screw your students. For the most part, that only applies to students that the faculty member has some measure of control over (ex: as an advisor, committee member, or instructor), but it's a grey area and if the faculty member is smart, they will wait until the student has graduated to avoid even the appearance of impropriety.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I can't believe this thread has gone on for 17 pages.

Reactions: Macloney

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Should there be a difference between enticing a person who has lived 6,574 days and one that has only lived 5,844 days?
Nobody in the history of mankind has ever argued for laws that utilize age because they think someone magically changes the day of their 18th birthday.
What is the alternative, have no age of consent because it is (gasp) arbitrary and just judge every case on its own? It's a best attempt to keep the law simple, clear and protect potential victims. We are not talking about preventing people from eating , we are talking about people having to abstain from sex until their partner turns a certain age.

Reactions: Knownothing

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
That's really offensive and I challenge you to find ANYWHERE on this or any other thread that ANYONE claims to have a right to **** a teacher. If so, I stand corrected.

Double standard? Hell yeah and there is nothing illegal or immoral or inconsistent about it. If you don't think there are very real differences between the genders (and all the other made-for-PC categories) then it's clear YOU are not following the train of thought.

Once more for the learning impaired (is what someone posted recently):

Teachers should not have sex with students. It is a condition to employment and should be NO MORE than that absent true abuse. ALL abuse should be punished and I don't care if its the classroom or at freaking blockbuster video. In your very stark reality you claim that NO 17 year old student can have sex with ANYONE at his or her school regardless of age, regardless of job responsibilities and duties. Your default position is abuse - nothing more and nothing less. You see it is a legal issue with no room for context.

I, like several others in this thread, don't exist inside your pre-set boundaries on age and authority and consent. I challenge your assertion that all sex between someone in education and someone being educated is "illegal" while in every other profession it isn't even a firing offense.

Is it a double standard when a 20+ year old male teacher has sex with a teenage girl at his school? Yep. It's creepy and it feels creepy. It's also biology and sociology and physiology and culture. It's creepy regardless of how you mix and match the sexual orientations of the parties involved. But creepy isn't automatically illegal IMHO.

Would I be proud of my son if he boned a teacher? Nope. Would I be proud of my daughter if she boned a teacher? Nope. But the actual conditions would dictate the amount of my outrage beyond your default "abuse" schtick.

Ok, please explain how a double standard is not inconsistent. That one is a head scratcher to me.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
I can't believe this thread has gone on for 17 pages.

Every single boy mentioned in this thread who had sex with a teacher has grown up, had a family, and many are looking at retirement. That is if they can get over the trauma of having sex.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Better start building more jails. Some sort of epidemic of young people having sex.

amishclone

Feb 23, 2014
So what I'm hearing is that these schools are on similar moral standing as the Catholic church? :D

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Gotta be a control thing. Why else would a decent looking mid twenty something woman get busy with a 16-17 year old. Could get plain sex with most any willing man if that's what it was wanted.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Gotta be a control thing. Why else would a decent looking mid twenty something woman get busy with a 16-17 year old. Could get plain sex with most any willing man if that's what it was wanted.

Yeah, it has to be a fetish. Forbidden fruit, or whatever.