Game of Thrones Season 7

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I loved the episode. And I have no problem with the time travel stuff (in fact if it wasn't for the complaining I wouldn't have even thought about it), they have a lot to cover in few episodes so I would rather have them fill episodes with needed scenes and not wasting time as someone travels.

They don't have to show the travel. Just give the audience some plausibility. Instead, yet again the audience has to tell itself "Hey it's a fantasy show. You're concerned about logic in a show with dragons?" which is fine I guess. This show had me expecting better, though. Earlier seasons paid better attention to detail.

And for the record, the things that make this show great ARE the slow periods when there's no action, the traveling, etc. Some of the best scenes in the entire run are the ones that happen when there's no action going on. Bronn and Tyrion. Arya ad Tywin. Littlefinger and Varys. Shoot, even in tonight's episode, the guys walking up north of the wall, just talking to each other. that was great. Slow scenes with no action are not wasted time, as you suggested. Not in this series.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I'm playing the Devil's Advocate here, so just hear me out....we really don't know how far past the Wall/Eastwatch they got. It's possible they might have gotten only a few miles north before they found themselves in that spot of trouble. With the blizzard conditions it was hard to get a good feel for it. Again, just playing the advocate here.

That is a very fair point, at least about Gendry. Also, did we see him on the ship?

ThatllDoCy

Sep 20, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
www.katchllc.com
I understand how ridiculous it is for for people on horseback, a ship or a raven to travel as far and as fast as they do but what would you people complaining suggest? Season 7 episode 5 - 8 horseback travel and a raven flies to dany.

You come up with credible plot points. I mean, what on earth kind of plan is it to send the King in the North to collect a wight with a ragtag group of people? They could be under siege from the dead at winter fell. You could advance winter to King's Landing and the dead rise so Cersei knows what is coming.

It's great TV, but they are wedging in buddy movies and other distractions. After they passed the books they could have sped the plot up by speeding the advance of winter, then have the characters react appropriately.

They've done the battle scenes really well for the most part, and hats off to them for set design and bringing Westeros to life. That is no easy job.

• Agree
Reactions: Angie

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
They don't have to show the travel. Just give the audience some plausibility. Instead, yet again the audience has to tell itself "Hey it's a fantasy show. You're concerned about logic in a show with dragons?" which is fine I guess. This show had me expecting better, though. Earlier seasons paid better attention to detail.

And for the record, the things that make this show great ARE the slow periods when there's no action, the traveling, etc. Some of the best scenes in the entire run are the ones that happen when there's no action going on. Bronn and Tyrion. Arya ad Tywin. Littlefinger and Varys. Shoot, even in tonight's episode, the guys walking up north of the wall, just talking to each other. that was great. Slow scenes with no action are not wasted time, as you suggested. Not in this series.

The bolded is totally your opinion and I respect that.

My point is there are limited episodes left and a lot that still needs to happen.

I never said I was concerned with logic in the show, so I don't know where that is coming from.

ThatllDoCy

Sep 20, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
www.katchllc.com

My point is there are limited episodes left and a lot that still needs to happen.

I never said I was concerned with logic in the show, so I don't know where that is coming from.

It beats the heck out of waiting for the books.

I am a little worried I may cry if Daeny, Jon, Sansa, Bran, Arya, Jaime or Tyrion die.

I was pretty shaken up when Viserion went down.

• Agree
Reactions: Angie

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006

That is no reason to excuse lazy storytelling, though. Don't get me wrong, it's still entertaining to watch, but this season in particular has been pretty lazy with its writing/storytelling.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
This season has definitely been exciting. I do feel like the speeding up of things has caused some sloppiness but as others have stated, with the amount of episodes left they need to speed things up. My big "huh?" Moment of the night was: how did all but one of the undead die (making it convenient for them to capture) when the white walker was killed?

Very excited for next week already!

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
So thoughts on Arya handing Sansa the dagger?

Does Arya know what Littlefinger is up to?

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
The internet always makes me chuckle. Totally good with a battle including zombies and dragons, but we're drawing the line when it comes to tailwind boosted bird speed.
You're not understanding the difference between those two. The first is a part of the world that has been created. The second contradicts what we know about what is possible in that world

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
That is no reason to excuse lazy storytelling, though. Don't get me wrong, it's still entertaining to watch, but this season in particular has been pretty lazy with its writing/storytelling.

Well, there is a pretty big excuse in that GRRM totally screwed the show with not publishing the last 2 books. The show has basically been forced to hit the highlights

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron