Friday OT #2 - But WHY?

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Most of those I agree with. Here's my pro fantasy sports reasoning though.

I love football. Obviously I am not good enough to play at a high level, so I enjoy watching it.

Fantasy Football is a way to get more involved in NFL football. If you're doing it right you usually have to do some research and know most of the players in the league so there is some immersion that is enjoyable.

Secondly, I enjoy the strategy of it. I like being able to predict that my 3rd RB will have a big game and score a lot of points to win my matchup that week. Or finding a sleeper in the draft who ends up being a big part of my team.

Finally, I like being in leagues with my friends and going head to head with them, beating them, talking smack with them, or taking flack when I lose. There's a big social aspect to it that is fun, which is why I can't understand she people play in leagues with random strangers.
For example, I am joining the coworkers league at my new job. I'm looking forward to using it as a way to get to know my new coworkers.

Ok, nerd.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I mean, I'm only going to live until I'm 40 or 45. My window is limited!
Nah. You've got the tree trunk legs that help prevent back problems and are a good sign that you're not going to be diabetic. Throw in the pescatarian thing and you might outlive us all. Of course, you live in Minnesota so you could fall on, or get hit by a sliding car on the ice at any time.

Sighclone Fan

Jan 19, 2008
Guys who still gel their hair and bonus points for spiking it up. And even worse, Iowa hair. The Ceaser hair look where it's just gelled flat. What the hell dudes...

rdtindsm

Jan 30, 2008
Jeans with holes in knees. That's OK if legitimately earned, but not as a fashion statement.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
sorority and frats. My social media feeds were blown up yesterday with girls join sororitys. I don't get it, I think it's stupid

Ooh you're going to open up the can of worms! Pro Greek people will be all up in your grill!

Pro Greek won't admit it, but I think the reason most join is because they want to be included. They want to be part of the club. Anti Greek people will say that joining a house is basically buying friends. A lot of people like to be able to say that they were chosen and they are elite because they got into a house.

I can't argue with that too much though, because I didn't have a lot of fun in college until after I joined the marching band.

I think the key to enjoying college is to be involved with something. Greek, band, good friends from your dorm, whatever.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Ooh you're going to open up the can of worms! Pro Greek people will be all up in your grill!

Pro Greek won't admit it, but I think the reason most join is because they want to be included. They want to be part of the club. Anti Greek people will say that joining a house is basically buying friends. A lot of people like to be able to say that they were chosen and they are elite because they got into a house.

I can't argue with that too much though, because I didn't have a lot of fun in college until after I joined the marching band.

I think the key to enjoying college is to be involved with something. Greek, band, good friends from your dorm, whatever.
I think the Pro-Greek people around here are generally pretty good about this stuff. Admittedly, the only 2 Greeks around here I can name are @Bu4ISU and @cycloneG so it is a small sample size.

Totally agree that the key to enjoying college is being involved. Like you said, it could just be the friends from the dorm. That's what made it enjoyable to me. I miss hanging with all those jerks.

Reactions: Bu4ISU

zarnold56

Aug 9, 2009
Hot Take shows. First Take and all the shows like that. I don't know why people watch other argue at each other the whole time. Has turned me off from watching almost everything on sports channels except for live sports and documentaries.

Playboi Carti

May 7, 2017

You are basically paying for friends or "sisters" when you first join a frat or sorority.

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
1. fidget spinners
2. chokers
3. cold shoulder shirts/dresses. The dresses especially piss me off.
4. Hawkeye fans.

I don't get the hate for the cold shoulder wear? You, cg, birdy... I personally love anything that shows off my shoulders.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Using an animal spokesman to sell his species meat to humans.

Hi - I'm a chicken. Please raise us by the hundreds of thousands in hot barns with no ventilation and pump us full of drugs. Then eviscerate us and buy the random parts that hopefully don't have Sam and Ellie disease.

Reactions: cyclones500

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron