Redshirts, etc.

hfour

Jul 30, 2006
Lincoln, NE
I really hope that we are able to redshirt most of the Freshman talent. Sedrick Johnson may be the exception. I think the 5th year out of these guys will out weigh the contribution/experience gained this year.

Is Houghten staying on the o-line?

I said it months ago, and most disagreed, but I think we will have a 1,000 yard rusher this year. A-Rob is still my bet.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
From practices, it looks like some of the DBs have been pretty impressive, especially Leonard Johnson.

Coach Pelton also said he's been real impressed with the DLinemen, so I don't know about them

I think the WRs will all get RS, except maybe Sed. Tiller will RS as well.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
If Bass is not eligible I think it's almost a sure thing that we have a 1000 yarder. I still think A-Rob stands a very good chance of doing it this year even with Bass back.

I think Leonard and Sedrick Johnson might play, Haughton is one that has always been rumored to play and quotes from MacFarland lead you to believe that, and then I hope pretty much everyone else redshirts.

Schwartz would be nice to have in short yardage situations as well.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I loved how many redshirts we had last year. Those guys seem to be itching to do some damage this year. I think a RS year really gives them excellent prep time. Like a bunch of caged bulls.

Hopefully there will be enough talent on the field that we can RS some of the new guys.

CycloneWarrior

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 10, 2008
Urbandale,Ia
I think schwartz and tiller will suit up just incase of injury but like arnauds freshman year he didn't play a snap so it counted as a redshirt

cloneu

Jul 26, 2007
Urbandale
www.golfdsm.com
I said it months ago, and most disagreed, but I think we will have a 1,000 yard rusher this year. A-Rob is still my bet.

I am going to say we don't get 1,000 yard rusher, just because we will have so many people splitting the yards, especially if Bass plays. I am also hoping that our passing game gets going this year and that will lower our run plays too.

mplscyclone

Jul 8, 2008
Ames, IA
I would think that we wouldn't have a 1,000 yd rusher either unless there are some injuries or something... Too much sharing....

I do hope we pile on rushing yards though. It would mean to me that we're controlling the clock and that would help our passing game tremendously.

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
If any of the freshmen can help us on the field (special teams) then play them. I have a feeling recruiting will just keep getting better.:yes:

dinger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
Plano, TX
I loved how many redshirts we had last year. Those guys seem to be itching to do some damage this year. I think a RS year really gives them excellent prep time. Like a bunch of caged bulls.
this is an excellent point!
I think schwartz and tiller will suit up just incase of injury but like arnauds freshman year he didn't play a snap so it counted as a redshirt
im not sure on coaches policy, but suiting up and reshirting are two totally different things. even walk ons suit up most of the time. stepping on the field takes away the redshirt, not putting on the helment.