Better Call Saul

sunnysideup

Aug 6, 2009
The Metro
Somewhere down the line Kim and Jimmy have to split up. I doubt she gets killed off because I don't think Jimmy would take the career path to become Saul if that happens. So I wonder if losing Mesa Verde might be the first piece of that puzzle.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Somewhere down the line Kim and Jimmy have to split up. I doubt she gets killed off because I don't think Jimmy would take the career path to become Saul if that happens. So I wonder if losing Mesa Verde might be the first piece of that puzzle.

The lack of Kim in BB makes me think that she has to be killed off somehow. Maybe she dies because of some legal toeing of the line which pushes him over edge to skirting the law as Saul.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
The lack of Kim in BB makes me think that she has to be killed off somehow. Maybe she dies because of some legal toeing of the line which pushes him over edge to skirting the law as Saul.
we also have a lack of Chuck, HHM, and Howard in BB. They all must part ways somehow, but I don't think it'll be terminal.

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion

The other option is that Jimmy's ethics sabotage Kim's career/Mesa Verde/etc, that they break up and she moves on.

I think Chuck will end up either committed into a mental ward or commit suicide. Outside possibility that his vendetta against Jimmy when becoming a criminal lawyer gets him killed.

Howard will probably still be fine at HHM.

I'd assume Nacho would be dead, being a part of the Salamancas and not in BB, however Saul brought up his name very early in BB, so dunno there.

CycloneWarning

Jan 14, 2008
The timing of the superlab site appearance seems a little off to me. Gus is dealing in coke, not meth yet. Guess we will see where it goes.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
Man, I've never thought about his. I think Kim dying would absolutely break Jimmy/Saul, so I don't think it happens. I guess I look at BCS as a more "wholesome" show than BB. There's not as much death and physical destruction, a lot of what we're seeing is emotional and mental conflict. However, there were a lot of twists in BB I definitely did not see coming.

I think Chuck dies. There's no way we never hear from him again if he's still alive.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
we also have a lack of Chuck, HHM, and Howard in BB. They all must part ways somehow, but I don't think it'll be terminal.

You could really write it any way you want. They could either all be dead, move away, or simply be in town and still have interactions with the characters in both shows that just weren't important to BB's storyline.

That's the best part about the writing for this show. So many lanes you can take. We all know how hector ends up - reduced to only being able to ding a bell...but we don't know how. That's what fascinates me.

Also, this show is awesome because even the supporting actors are solid/believable at their roles such as Kim or Howard.

• Agree
Reactions: DeftOne

urb1

Jan 23, 2010
Urbandale
When are we going to see Cinnabon Saul again?

So far, it's only been the first episode of each season. But as I posted a link earlier, Vince Gill is saying that this show may become the BB epilogue. In that case, we'll probably see much more I hope.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
Do you think we'll get to see Todd in Middle School?
plemons2.jpg
Is he also Ed from season 2 of Fargo?

cyclone83

Apr 10, 2006
The Cinnabon is in Nebraska right? Where is Kim originally from? Hhhmmm....
She mentioned once that she was from Kansas or Nebraska, can't remember the exact place. There was an episode where the wore a KC Royals shirt to bed and Saul had a Royals lunch box at Cinnabon.

• Informative
Reactions: DeftOne

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
Why I love this show is sometimes you can figure out things from clues, and other times things are just so unpredictable. I mean, who would have thought that Jimmy becomes Saul simply so he could sell his contracted airtime? I mean, all these theories about the conversion to Saul - Kim dies, Chuck makes him not practice as a McGill, etc. and it was something so inconsequential.

It will be an interesting ride to see what happens to Kim, Chuck, etc., but I doubt any predictions are on target. However, the repeated "jump off a rooftop," comments and the KC Royal homages are both probably going to be significant in some way. Maybe Jimmy's lunch box is a way to remember Kim. And, while there are many that predict Kim or Chuck will jump off a roof and commit suicide, I just don't see Kim being that way, but who knows.

Anyone else love how they made the new law office sharing a cigarette scenes so reminiscent of the parking garage scenes?

Did everyone realize that the secretary that Kim and Jimmy hired "Francesca" is his secretary in Breaking Bad he calls "honey txts" ???

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
What if nothing happens to Kim? What if she's just fine during Breaking Bad, just not on the show/on camera, and Kim and Jimmy have the same kind of relationship, but it doesn't show up on camera? I mean, Breaking Bad isn't about Jimmy/Saul, so why does something necessarily have to happen to Kim to explain why she's not there?

Reactions: isufbcurt

Help Support Us

Become a patron