DC Extended Universe

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
http://screenrant.com/krypton-tv-series-syfy-order/

Well, it looks like Krypton is now officially ordered to series at Syfy. I still don't believe there is any official word on whether or not it takes place in the DCEU, but based off the similar visuals from the leaked trailer that got out there a few weeks ago, one might guess it is. Still not sure what to think of this one, but what I do know is that I thought the leaked trailer looked actually pretty good, and better than what I expected. It also looked like it might have a bigger budget than I expected as well. Tough to fully tell that based off a trailer though.

Nerd-Alert:

The only thing that I think would be cool about this show is that they could really explore the ethics of science. You have to remember that Kryptonions don't have super-powers on Krypton - they are just regular Joe(r-El's) and Jill's. Earth was identified as a habitable planet that Jor-El knew would give his son superpowers & make him god-like. Did other scientists on Krypton know of Earth? Why didn't they think to colonize/take-over Earth and reap the rewards of genetic superiority? There is a lot of possibility there, but I have a feeling this is going to be more political, think Game of Thrones, and talk about the Rise and Fall of Krypton's government - like what we saw at the beginning of Man of Steel.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Not DCEU related, but did anyone catch the first season of Riverdale by chance? If so, what was your thoughts? Maybe its dorky of me, but I think it looks super intriguing and want to catch it on Netflix once it comes out here pretty soon.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Also, on the front of Wonder Woman, there was an early screening just recently where a few people posted some positive quick reactions to it:

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/wond...ive-but-the-embargo-lifts-last-minute-a151084

However, there is still two things worth noting:

1. Batman vs Superman had an early screening as well where most everything showed positive as well
2. Wonder Woman just moved their review embargo until right before the movie gets released internationally. In general, this is a bad sign as it shows the lack of confidence a movie has in itself. Batman vs Superman was the same.

Take all these things for what they are worth. With me, I'm always going to hope for the best until proven otherwise. In the end, I REALLY want Wonder Woman to be good. In fact, it might be my most anticipated movie of 2017.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Also, on the front of Wonder Woman, there was an early screening just recently where a few people posted some positive quick reactions to it:

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/wond...ive-but-the-embargo-lifts-last-minute-a151084

1. Batman vs Superman had an early screening as well where most everything showed positive as well
2. Wonder Woman just moved their review embargo until right before the movie gets released internationally. In general, this is a bad sign as it shows the lack of confidence a movie has in itself. Batman vs Superman was the same.

Take all these things for what they are worth. With me, I'm always going to hope for the best until proven otherwise. In the end, I REALLY want Wonder Woman to be good. In fact, it might be my most anticipated movie of 2017.

Wonder Woman doesn't have to be great - I'm just hoping it's good. Just show me that the DCEU can be better than BvS and Suicide Squad.

Reactions: Triggermv

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
It's been reported from a few sources that there are 3 candidates to direct The Flash movie:

Robert Zemeckis (Back to the Future, Forrest Gump, Who Framed Roger Rabbit)

Matthew Vaughn (Kingsmen, Kick-Ass, X-Men: First Class)

Sam Raimi (Original Spider-Man trilogy, Evil Dead/Army of Darkness)

http://io9.gizmodo.com/matthew-vaughn-robert-zemeckis-and-sam-raimi-have-all-1795275706

While all the directors are being considered, it would be difficult for some of them to make The Flash in a timely manner. Vaughn is finishing up Kingsman: The Golden Circle for a fall release and wants to do a third film in that franchise after that. Zemeckis has an as-yet-untitled drama with Steve Carell dated for November 2018, which wouldn’t make him free anytime soon. And while Raimi doesn’t have any immediate public plans, he hasn’t done a feature since 2013.

Robert Zemeckis is definitely the "sexiest" name on that list, just due to his Oscar-wins and his ability to work with animated-live action-CGI, which is what a movie like The Flash would rely heavily on. Matthew Vaughn has also been rumored to be in the running for Man of Steel 2. Sam Raimi gets a bad-rap for Spider-Man 3, but Spider-Man 2 was the flagship comicbook movie until The Dark Knight was released. If WB wants to continue with that dark/gritty tone in the DCEU, then Raimi would be a great choice (although highly controversial) as he would probably be the best equipped to bring out Barry Allen's comedic wit, similar to the Evil Dead series of films.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
It's been reported from a few sources that there are 3 candidates to direct The Flash movie:

http://io9.gizmodo.com/matthew-vaughn-robert-zemeckis-and-sam-raimi-have-all-1795275706

Robert Zemeckis is definitely the "sexiest" name on that list, just due to his Oscar-wins and his ability to work with animated-live action-CGI, which is what a movie like The Flash would rely heavily on. Matthew Vaughn has also been rumored to be in the running for Man of Steel 2. Sam Raimi gets a bad-rap for Spider-Man 3, but Spider-Man 2 was the flagship comicbook movie until The Dark Knight was released. If WB wants to continue with that dark/gritty tone in the DCEU, then Raimi would be a great choice (although highly controversial) as he would probably be the best equipped to bring out Barry Allen's comedic wit, similar to the Evil Dead series of films.

I truthfully have no clue which one I prefer to be honest. Each of these directors have their own pluses/minuses.

Robert Zemeckis - Has made some AMAZING films, but is very old and those were a long time ago. Dose he still have the stuff to pull off the same time of success decades later?

Matthew Vaughn - Has made some very good movies, but nothing amazing yet. He also has a style to him that I'm not sure fits the flash. I don't know what it is, but I'd almost rather see him do Man of Steel 2 than The Flash.

Sam Raimi - Similar to Zemeckis, he has made some amazing movies (Spider-Man 1 &2) decades ago and it is tough to tell if he can pull that same type of thing off to a modern audience. Also, this is the same man who directed Spider-Man 3, which ranks up there with my all-time biggest movie disappointments ever. Others on that list include Batman vs Superman, The Amazing Spider-Man 2, and Batman vs Robin.

Ultimately, we've got two old-schoolers on the list with one up-and-comer. With that said, I think you will get a drastically different film from each one of these guys as compared to one another. Which one would be best is very debatable in my mind.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA

http://www.cbr.com/flash-film-sam-raimi-billy-crudup/

Sam Raimi now reportedly has passed on the project, meaning we are now down to two directors.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com

When the article says that many good movies have reviews surface late, they need to name a few so it sounds legitimate. Otherwise, their statement in the piece just sounds like shamelessly bogus promotional language.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
http://www.cbr.com/flash-film-sam-raimi-billy-crudup/

Sam Raimi now reportedly has passed on the project, meaning we are now down to two directors.

And even then that is just the "wish list" - not sure if either of the remaining candidates is really interested in the Flash. In that article I posted it sounded like Matthew Vaughn may be letting out that he is interested in the Flash/DCEU in order to get FOX on board to make Kingsmen 3. I don't think Zemeckis is going to want to attach his name to this project either - if he did I would assume that he would want creative control which would probably lead to yet another rewrite of the script. I thought Raimi would be the guy to say yes - now I think WB is going to have to go after an up-&-coming director if the movie even gets made at all.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Saw King Arthur: :Legend of the Sword a couple nights ago and if Charlie Hunnam doesn't look like a real-life incarnation of The Green Arrow straight off the page, I don't know who does. I also thought he was solid in the film, so he is definitely my #1 choice for Green Arrow if the DCEU decides to use him. While he isn't a comic fan and knows nothing about Green Arrow, this latest interview makes it sound like he'd consider it:

http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/05/15/charlie-hunnam-green-arrow-rumor/

On another note, I know King Arthur: Legend of the Sword is kind of getting slayed at the box office and by critics right now, but I actually fairly enjoyed the movie. Nothing earth shattering, but I didn't find it as bad as the critics are making it out to be. There is no doubt at this point though that it might go down as the biggest box-office failure of all of 2017 when comparing what it is making to its overly bloated budget. They spent a crap load on that movie and I'm sure Warner Bros. isn't too happy.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
The Wonder Woman trailer that played at GOG2 was interesting.

She's a unique actress but it's DC so I'm guessing second rate movie.

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
Do you think we will ever see captain marvel aka Shazam? He has always been forgotten recently even though he is probably in the top 3 most powerful superheroes. He is still my favorite.

shazam-vs-hercules-injustice-gods-among-us-3.jpg

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Do you think we will ever see captain marvel aka Shazam? He has always been forgotten recently even though he is probably in the top 3 most powerful superheroes. He is still my favorite.

shazam-vs-hercules-injustice-gods-among-us-3.jpg

Dwayne Johnson has already been cast as Black Adam for years now. WB is actively trying to get a Shazam! movie made, but they are having so much trouble with the DCEU as it is that they are trying to get Black Adam involved in other movies first. Dwayne Johnson recently either posted something on twitter or was quoted in an interview as saying he wants Armie Hammer to play Shazam. My guess is that there is a problem with how WB can market Captain Marvel/Shazam, since Marvel has their own Carol Danver's Captain Marvel movie in pre-production and coming out in 2019.

Reactions: NetflixAndClone