NBA Draft Combine 2017: Monte Morris

CycloneBBFan

Dec 21, 2015
D-Ex doesn't have Trimble in the first 2 rounds. That surprises me.

I haven't looked at any of Trimble's stats but read earlier he wasn't higher because they didn't think he made great improvements his last two years like scouts expected. Not sure what all these scouts are looking for beyond some of the obvious.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I haven't looked at any of Trimble's stats but read earlier he wasn't higher because they didn't think he made great improvements his last two years like scouts expected. Not sure what all these scouts are looking for beyond some of the obvious.

Informative. If that's the case, Trimble might've been better declaring a year earlier, maybe even 2 years, comparing his year-to-year stats. I guess 3 years in CBB didn't improve his stock. Strange how that happens. Prior to 2016-17 season, I would've guessed he'd go in top 10 or 15 picks.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneBBFan

CycloneBBFan

Dec 21, 2015
Informative. If that's the case, Trimble might've been better declaring a year earlier, maybe even 2 years, comparing his year-to-year stats. I guess 3 years in CBB didn't improve his stock. Strange how that happens. Prior to 2016-17 season, I would've guessed he'd go in top 10 or 15 picks.
He probably would have gone a lot higher last year since this year's draft is so heavily guard oriented. Fran Fraschilla had a good take on the player cycle (guard vs post) in the draft on Cyclone Insider.

• Informative
Reactions: cyclones500

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
How much will Monte's draft status be affected by international players? It seem that every year, I spent a good portion of the first round going "who, the heck is he?" And watch players I care about go farther down the picking order.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron