NBA Draft Combine 2017: Monte Morris

Discussion in 'Mens Basketball' started by CycloneBBFan, May 10, 2017.

1. CycloneBBFan

CycloneBBFan Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2015
    Male
    I haven't looked at any of Trimble's stats but read earlier he wasn't higher because they didn't think he made great improvements his last two years like scouts expected. Not sure what all these scouts are looking for beyond some of the obvious.

2. cyclones500

cyclones500 Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2010
    Male
    writer/editor
    Michigan
    Informative. If that's the case, Trimble might've been better declaring a year earlier, maybe even 2 years, comparing his year-to-year stats. I guess 3 years in CBB didn't improve his stock. Strange how that happens. Prior to 2016-17 season, I would've guessed he'd go in top 10 or 15 picks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. CycloneBBFan

CycloneBBFan Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2015
    Male
    He probably would have gone a lot higher last year since this year's draft is so heavily guard oriented. Fran Fraschilla had a good take on the player cycle (guard vs post) in the draft on Cyclone Insider.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Cycsk

Cycsk Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2009
    How much will Monte's draft status be affected by international players? It seem that every year, I spent a good portion of the first round going "who, the heck is he?" And watch players I care about go farther down the picking order.

5. LLCoolJansma

LLCoolJansma Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2010
    Male
    Quality
    Minneapolis
    New mock post lottery addition list Monte at 52 to Washington.
    That would be a great landing spot for Monte. Washington has little to no depth in their bench and would be in line to not only make roster on a playoff team but earn important minutes year 1.
    http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2017/

• Like Like x 1