NBA Draft Combine 2017: Monte Morris

CY88CE11

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 25, 2012
The Des

HogueNation

Nov 15, 2016
Does that BR article with dates, tv info, etc. in the title and link have any dates, tv info, etc? I feel like it's missing that info.

@bcdivide just tweeted out that ESPN 2 will cover it from 2pm-6pm today and it will be available on WatchEspn online as well. @randypete tweeted Monte's team would face @jok's team in the first round.

• Informative
Reactions: CY88CE11

HogueNation

Nov 15, 2016
C_jxzaZVYAAvDon.jpg:large
Per Travis Hines

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
You have to think that the guys on Monte's team are very happy about it! Lots of assists and few turnovers should mean that they get the ball in good positions.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Does the absence of the top PG prospects (Fultz, Ball, etc.) help or hurt Monte's cause? I guess it's good that he has a chance to shine without them there, but having the chance to hold his own against the very best in drills and games might have helped.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Does the absence of the top PG prospects (Fultz, Ball, etc.) help or hurt Monte's cause? I guess it's good that he has a chance to shine without them there, but having the chance to hold his own against the very best in drills and games might have helped.
They have more than one game, so people play other guys, IIRC. Not to mention I believe all of the point guards do their drills together, so he'll be in their presence enough to show he can hold his own.

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World
They have more than one game, so people play other guys, IIRC. Not to mention I believe all of the point guards do their drills together, so he'll be in their presence enough to show he can hold his own.

How will he be in their presence when they didn't go to the combine?

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Ah, didn't see that they didn't go. I thought he was talking about how they were not playing against Monte in the scrimmage. My b
Technically they did go, but just to get the official measurements and do interviews and such. No drills or scrimmages.

• Informative
Reactions: srjclone

CycloneBBFan

Dec 21, 2015
Does the absence of the top PG prospects (Fultz, Ball, etc.) help or hurt Monte's cause? I guess it's good that he has a chance to shine without them there, but having the chance to hold his own against the very best in drills and games might have helped.[/QUOTe

If you listen to Fran Faschilla on Cyclone-Insider he answers a lot of questions about this year's guards and Monte in the draft. The short answer is no it does not help Monte.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Fran Faschilla link posted above^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^