NBA Draft Combine 2017: Monte Morris

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Jay Will just said Monte is a guy who has stood out to him, and that was without scoring. They've been talking about how he is a good fit for the league due to all of his intangibles. Basically all of them saying what we already know.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Will they have replays? I was going to stream this on my second monitor, but our internet went down at the wrong time. Just came back. :(

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Monte coming back last season is going to be the best payoff for a guy that had a chance to leave early that I can remember. The league is changing and he fits in nicely in the post "every guy from Europe is so much better than American college players" NBA.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Had this on the whole time but doing piles of laundry so not paying tons of attention. Gray team definitely better with Monte in. Felt bad for Jok, he launched a lot of bricks, don't think he scored, his defense was poor, but the whole game seemed like guys out for theirs except Monte of course. Pretty sure Monte had some points, at least saw him shooting throws. Didn't see a ton out of Mason.

• Agree
Reactions: srjclone

Cyke

Jun 22, 2011
Des Moines, IA
Had this on the whole time but doing piles of laundry so not paying tons of attention. Gray team definitely better with Monte in. Felt bad for Jok, he launched a lot of bricks, don't think he scored, his defense was poor, but the whole game seemed like guys out for theirs except Monte of course. Pretty sure Monte had some points, at least saw him shooting throws. Didn't see a ton out of Mason.
Monte got to the line but then they cut to an interview with Ivan Rabb so I didn't see if he made them or not.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
I didn't get to watch the whole game, but when I did watch I thought Mason struggled handling the ball. He looked very uncomfortable with ball pressure in the half court.

• Agree
Reactions: carvers4math

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
He really is. Every time Trimble tries to get a step on Monte, Monte steps in front and shuts him down. He can barely move the ball off the top of the key, when Monte is pressuring the ball.
I remember being so impressed with Trimble his freshman year when the Terps beat us in non-con. I haven't watched a lot of him, but it sounds like he hasn't improved much.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
I remember being so impressed with Trimble his freshman year when the Terps beat us in non-con. I haven't watched a lot of him, but it sounds like he hasn't improved much.
Yeah I was at that game. Trimble and Layman we're doing whatever they wanted that night. Dez Wells as well, IIRC. He has seemed to just remain the same every year, though.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman