Beverly: I will commit to ISU

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Well, that video sure shows he can swat some balls. It'll be interesting to see his role next year!
It appears that was the norm as well as his teammates always seem to be positioning for retrieving the ball before he even completes the block. It was apparently a regular part of the team's game.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Yeah, what am I missing with Kasongo? He looks like an athletic beast in his highlights. Is he a terrible teammate? Do all of his passes end up in the bleachers? Is he lactose intolerant?

From what I can gather, he is a great athlete, has the body to be a stud in the pain, but the actual basketball part is what is lacking. Bball IQ and skills. But maybe someone else might have more info.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Yeah, what am I missing with Kasongo? He looks like an athletic beast in his highlights. Is he a terrible teammate? Do all of his passes go to the wrong team? Is he lactose intolerant?
Everyone is assuming Kasongo isn't up to the quality of big man that we need, due to us continually going after play-right-away big men. Which is a fair assumption.

Cyclophile1

Dec 14, 2009
Overland Park, KS
If Kasango can catch, jump and run a little, that will be enough to get him 15 minutes per game this year. From the highlights, it appears that he has the raw tools. I hope something clicks and he can make a nice impact for us.

Beverly would be a solid piece that we can get 8 and 4 out of and help provide some leadership and work ethic for the young guys.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Well, it matters when you aren't going to be a very high level offensive player. Georges could play the "3" because whoever was going to guard him at that spot was doomed but if he was a 10 and 6 kind of guy, that doesn't work because he's getting torched. This guy isn't going to give you that offensive production so he has to be able to guard a position and that isn't likely the "5." It depends on matchups, of course, but the athletes that play the "3" in this league would be a nightmare for Beverly IMO. Just like it would have been for Bowie.
Agree. Beverly is what he can defend, and that's very unlikely to be the 3. Imo we'd go with any of the guards, and perhaps even Lard, defending the 3 before Beverly.

If he's truly 6'6" 250 and above average on offense he'll see time at both forward spots before Kasongo imo, although Ray may come in as a niche guy like Edozie. How many conference minutes will our 9th man, 4th post get next year?

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids

So over/under set for 8pm for an announcement of financial aid agreement being signed.

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
I saw Ray in a couple of early season practices and was really impressed with how he moved for his size. He struck me as a guy that could guard multiple positions and would be a long and athletic rebounder/defender. I had forgotten that we had him at that point and thought (until I looked up that he was a sit-out) that he could have potentially helped us this past season.

Full disclosure: I also had Holden penciled in as a lock to start after the first practice. In fairness though, they didn't call any fouls in that practice :)

Did he display any offensive moves other than dunking?

Cyclone11

Aug 29, 2016
I think NWB will be this year's Nader/Burton Breakout.
Hopefully, he showed some flashes of confidence and what he can do when he nailed a three in one of those games last season, I can't remember which game it was, but that was good and encouraging to see.