RECRUITING: Elijah Brown to Oregon

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I think a lot of fans forget that the majority of Fred's impact transfers were classified as "high risk." CSP would be a fool to induce unnecessary risk into a promising young roster, so he's targeted safer kids but unfortunately a lot of other programs are doing the same thing. Fred had the luxury of playing with house money but the program is past that. IMO, we can have a down year and build with youth and have a more sustainable future just by balancing out the scholarships.

And Fred could convince players to come here by promising that he could get them to the NBA (remember that Jameel paid his own way for a semester). That worked, but I suspect it wouldn't have worked for too much longer.

Fred did some things better than Prohm. But Prohm does some things better than Fred. I think that Prohm is committed to building relationships with players and that will serve him well with high school recruiting. I also think that he knows that traditional transfers, grad transfers, and juices are important as well. But I think ideally, he'd like to be in a situation where he is getting 1-3 of those per year.

Fred is off living his life long dream in Chicago and I'm glad that we have the coach we have.

ComCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 31, 2016
I don't think he improves anything.

I always thought he was a pretty good assistant. He's the guy that brought Monte in, isn't he?

Plus that connection to Michigan can be rewarding.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I always thought he was a pretty good assistant. He's the guy that brought Monte in, isn't he?

People bitched about him when he was here.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017

He did help bring in Morris. Pretty sparse after that.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville

Yeah. I just really can't imagine him and Prohm working together from what I know. I could be way off base but they seem like pretty different dudes.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Wasn't all of our recruiting pretty sparse after Monte? :rolleyes:
High school guys, sure.

I don't think Mann gets Michigan guys like some here think, but it's not easy to get high school recruits to a coach basically admitting to waiting for the Bulls job to open. I'm not surprised TJ left for Washington. In regards to Mann, I don't think Prohm would hire him anyways

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010
Totally right. Look who UNLV has to share their facilities with. Sad.

I think we all learned a few things today...

Rich athletes like to go to Las Vegas and UNLV fans act like it was the "University" that drew them to Vegas.

And Cuttino Mobley is evidently still alive and UNLV fans like to brag about him playing basketball in Las Vegas.

What a time to be alive.

CyKings

Jun 5, 2013
Kansas City, KS
For how long coolerifyoudid, for how long? Off topic and on to football, Paul Rhoads promised us that positive vibe, and we bought in after those early wins, but then reality struck in even though most of you POSITIVE people were in denial when most of us knew Paul could not recruit big 12 calibre players, let alone develop them. There was a dude who went by the name of duffer44 and he always commented on how Rhoads could not recruit good DL and OL. He was blocked because his criticism was always on point. Of course you and I remember how Sam Richardson always ran for his life all the time during games. Now Matt Campbell is fixing that and watch how we will start winning games. Point is, we want to be positive, but there has to be results to go with it. I hope Prohm succeeds and continue to make us legit, but after how Fred had this program trending upwards, we should not be losing recruits to pathetic UNLV. Infact, Prohm came with a reputation of winning at Murray State and developing those "lottery pick" if you call them that, so he should not struggle to recruit at ISU, we should be pissing on KU's heads by now, but I'm afraid, it won't be happening. We should also not be NIT calibre team at this moment. Every year should be NCAA and ranked in the top 15, only Iowa should be going to NIT, not us and I hope we don't go to NIT next year.

You do know Prohm brought in the highest ranked recruit in ISU history (depending on where you look) this year right? You do know Fred lost Rashad Vaughn to UNLV right?

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: jim4 and ComCY

MBielenberg

Oct 29, 2016
You do know Prohm brought in the highest ranked recruit in ISU history (depending on where you look) this year right? You do know Fred lost Rashad Vaughn to UNLV right?
I am probably not looking in the right places but on 247 our class is rated 30th, on rivals it is rated 23rd and on espn it is rated 18th. Do you really think this is the highest rated class ever at ISU? People tend to forgot that recruiting ratings are always in flex some teams that didn't do well last fall might have done very well in the spring. We have done basically nothing to help ourselves since last November.

Help Support Us

Become a patron