RECRUITING: Elijah Brown to Oregon

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
You don't always need high impact players. We were highly successful with guys like Royce White (great player), Korie Lucious, Will Clyburn, Scott Christopherson, Kane, BDJ etc. Theres more than you remember.
Those other guys weren't grad transfers.

Cyclone11

Aug 29, 2016
Since there's a long time before we get to watch our Clones again, I think people would rather feast on hope versus despair for the next few months. I don't mind a little realism, but some on here will latch onto that negativity and watch the world burn. Those are the ones that take that negativity and want to make everyone else miserable.

We've missed on some key pieces, however the pieces we have in place are pretty damn good. We're just young and lacking an experienced leader on the court. We're in unfamiliar territory after being spoiled with some pretty amazing years of Cyclone role models.

IMO, it comes down to whether us fans want to focus on the positive or negative for the next several months.
For how long coolerifyoudid, for how long? Off topic and on to football, Paul Rhoads promised us that positive vibe, and we bought in after those early wins, but then reality struck in even though most of you POSITIVE people were in denial when most of us knew Paul could not recruit big 12 calibre players, let alone develop them. There was a dude who went by the name of duffer44 and he always commented on how Rhoads could not recruit good DL and OL. He was blocked because his criticism was always on point. Of course you and I remember how Sam Richardson always ran for his life all the time during games. Now Matt Campbell is fixing that and watch how we will start winning games. Point is, we want to be positive, but there has to be results to go with it. I hope Prohm succeeds and continue to make us legit, but after how Fred had this program trending upwards, we should not be losing recruits to pathetic UNLV. Infact, Prohm came with a reputation of winning at Murray State and developing those "lottery pick" if you call them that, so he should not struggle to recruit at ISU, we should be pissing on KU's heads by now, but I'm afraid, it won't be happening. We should also not be NIT calibre team at this moment. Every year should be NCAA and ranked in the top 15, only Iowa should be going to NIT, not us and I hope we don't go to NIT next year.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
People need to realize the grad transfer market and transfer market in general, looks nothing like it did 7 years ago. Comparing to what Hoiberg did when he came to what Prohm has to compete against isn't fair. That said, it seems like Prohm is the guy doing the recruiting with the other guys doing legwork. If that's what he wants, fine, but I do think improvements could be made. He has a staff opening for that as well.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
For how long coolerifyoudid, for how long? Off topic and on to football, Paul Rhoads promised us that positive vibe, and we bought in after those early wins, but then reality struck in even though most of you POSITIVE people were in denial when most of us knew Paul could not recruit big 12 calibre players, let alone develop them. There was a dude who went by the name of duffer44 and he always commented on how Rhoads could not recruit good DL and OL. He was blocked because his criticism was always on point. Of course you and I remember how Sam Richardson always ran for his life all the time during games. Now Matt Campbell is fixing that and watch how we will start winning games. Point is, we want to be positive, but there has to be results to go with it. I hope Prohm succeeds and continue to make us legit, but after how Fred had this program trending upwards, we should not be losing recruits to pathetic UNLV. Infact, Prohm came with a reputation of winning at Murray State and developing those "lottery pick" if you call them that, so he should not struggle to recruit at ISU, we should be pissing on KU's heads by now, but I'm afraid, it won't be happening. We should also not be NIT calibre team at this moment. Every year should be NCAA and ranked in the top 15, only Iowa should be going to NIT, not us and I hope we don't go to NIT next year.

You are really a dumbass. Fred lost recruits to pathetic unlv too.

ComCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 31, 2016
People need to realize the grad transfer market and transfer market in general, looks nothing like it did 7 years ago. Comparing to what Hoiberg did when he came to what Prohm has to compete against isn't fair. That said, it seems like Prohm is the guy doing the recruiting with the other guys doing legwork. If that's what he wants, fine, but I do think improvements could be made. He has a staff opening for that as well.

Too bad we couldn't lure Mann back to take a spot... he seemed pretty happy and quick to go to Mizzou o_O

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Havent checked in here in a while since its the off season but good to see those over analyzing things again and being negative for no reason. Our coach is doing a great job in recruiting and looking forward to the future with the work theyre doing.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC

I'm not telling anyone how to be a fan. I just said why some of us don't choose to focus on the negatives. But, to answer your question: I'm remaining positive for as long as I'm a Cyclone fan. Jim Walden would have crushed my spirit had I been any other way.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
You don't always need high impact players. We were highly successful with guys like Royce White (great player), Korie Lucious, Will Clyburn, Scott Christopherson, Kane, BDJ etc. Theres more than you remember.

I think a lot of fans forget that the majority of Fred's impact transfers were classified as "high risk." CSP would be a fool to induce unnecessary risk into a promising young roster, so he's targeted safer kids but unfortunately a lot of other programs are doing the same thing. Fred had the luxury of playing with house money but the program is past that. IMO, we can have a down year and build with youth and have a more sustainable future just by balancing out the scholarships.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

This is the seconded dumbest thing I've read today. The first was posted by you earlier.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron