RECRUITING: Elijah Brown to Oregon

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010
I am probably not looking in the right places but on 247 our class is rated 30th, on rivals it is rated 23rd and on espn it is rated 18th. Do you really think this is the highest rated class ever at ISU? People tend to forgot that recruiting ratings are always in flex some teams that didn't do well last fall might have done very well in the spring. We have done basically nothing to help ourselves since last November.

Except these have all been updated... in the Spring...

• Winner
Reactions: isutrevman

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Here are some other people squating in UNLV facilities. You are right UNLV has nothing to offer recruits.

Nobody says UNLV has nothing to offer Hookers, blow and $$$. NTTAWWT. It's just not winning basketball hasn't been relevant since Tarkanian.

spitfyr36

Dec 19, 2011
For how long coolerifyoudid, for how long? Off topic and on to football, Paul Rhoads promised us that positive vibe, and we bought in after those early wins, but then reality struck in even though most of you POSITIVE people were in denial when most of us knew Paul could not recruit big 12 calibre players, let alone develop them. There was a dude who went by the name of duffer44 and he always commented on how Rhoads could not recruit good DL and OL. He was blocked because his criticism was always on point. Of course you and I remember how Sam Richardson always ran for his life all the time during games. Now Matt Campbell is fixing that and watch how we will start winning games. Point is, we want to be positive, but there has to be results to go with it. I hope Prohm succeeds and continue to make us legit, but after how Fred had this program trending upwards, we should not be losing recruits to pathetic UNLV. Infact, Prohm came with a reputation of winning at Murray State and developing those "lottery pick" if you call them that, so he should not struggle to recruit at ISU, we should be pissing on KU's heads by now, but I'm afraid, it won't be happening. We should also not be NIT calibre team at this moment. Every year should be NCAA and ranked in the top 15, only Iowa should be going to NIT, not us and I hope we don't go to NIT next year.

Fred did have the program trending up, but we made 1 sweet 16 under him. We've made 2 in the last 7 years... How exactly does that get us to a point of 'pissing on KU's head'?
I would agree that we should be a top 25 team every year, but top 15 might be a stretch. Hoiberg took high risk transfers, before the market exploded, and won some big games. I can't imagine that could have been sustained long term.
Prohm is working the situation to the best of his ability so far and it's worked. Half of this board thought we wouldn't even make an NIT last year...
Step back from the ledge, you sound like a Hawk fan talking about football

Cyclone Rebel

Apr 28, 2017
Nobody says UNLV has nothing to offer Hookers, blow and $$$. NTTAWWT. It's just not winning basketball hasn't been relevant since Tarkanian.

And yet we beat you 4 or 5 years ago so there's that. I would love to meet up with you guys again, especially now that Dave Rice is gone.. Probably the only way that happens is if you enter a holiday tournament that we're in. Hey, maybe the Diamond head Classic in 2018, Make it happen!

CyKings

Jun 5, 2013
Kansas City, KS
I am probably not looking in the right places but on 247 our class is rated 30th, on rivals it is rated 23rd and on espn it is rated 18th. Do you really think this is the highest rated class ever at ISU? People tend to forgot that recruiting ratings are always in flex some teams that didn't do well last fall might have done very well in the spring. We have done basically nothing to help ourselves since last November.

I didn't say highest class, I said highest recruit. I was wrong in that Brackins was higher... but Wigginton was still higher than any recruit Fred got. The person I was quoting was basically acting like Fred was untouchable and did no wrong, and Prohm can't recruit, which I think is ignorant. Fred did nothing his last 2 years in terms of recruiting. He swung for the fences both years, missed, and had little to no backup plan.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
yep no one on this staff can recruit outside of berry.

Are you dumb or do you have an extra chromosome?

Can I ask why you are so dang salty lately? There are legit concerns about this staff.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Why is everyone freeking out? Could be the recruits see young talented players already in place at ISU and are choosing to find more minutes else where. Lard, Young, Babb, Jackson, Wigginton is fine.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville

And some people have absolutely no clue how recruiting rankings work.

Reactions: isutrevman

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
And yet we beat you 4 or 5 years ago so there's that. I would love to meet up with you guys again, especially now that Dave Rice is gone.. Probably the only way that happens is if you enter a holiday tournament that we're in. Hey, maybe the Diamond head Classic in 2018, Make it happen!

We're too good for you now. We're at the point where we play in tournaments with teams that play for National Championships.

• Funny
Reactions: Cyclone Rebel

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016

We're already going to Hawaii that year.

LasVegasReb

Apr 28, 2017
Seattle
Ahhhh. Interesting. UNLV has been down from an NCAA perspective for sure. But let's look at the facts.

Since Tarkanian UNLV has 520 wins and 301 losses (63.8% winning percentage) and 8 NCAA appearances.

Iowa State was 513 wins and 329 losses (60.9% winning percentage) and 14 NCAA appearances.

So you got a leg up on us in regard to NCAA appearances but you have had your stretches of crappy seasons too. Such as from 2002-2012 where you had just a 50% winning percentage.

In the world of 'what you done for me lately' UNLV's a program that needs to make the NCAA consistently again. You can think all you want that UNLV is irrelevant but you are sadly mistaken and it was just proven by #12 ranked recruiting class and gaining the commitment of a recruit over the Cyclones. You keep thinking UNLV's irrelevant and they will keep taking your recruits.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Ahhhh. Interesting. UNLV has been down from an NCAA perspective for sure. But let's look at the facts.

Since Tarkanian UNLV has 520 wins and 301 losses (63.8% winning percentage) and 8 NCAA appearances.

Iowa State was 513 wins and 329 losses (60.9% winning percentage) and 14 NCAA appearances.

So you got a leg up on us in regard to NCAA appearances but you have had your stretches of crappy seasons too. Such as from 2002-2012 where you had just a 50% winning percentage.

In the world of 'what you done for me lately' UNLV's a program that needs to make the NCAA consistently again. You can think all you want that UNLV is irrelevant but you are sadly mistaken and it was just proven by #12 ranked recruiting class and gaining the commitment of a recruit over the Cyclones. You keep thinking UNLV's irrelevant and they will keep taking your recruits.

UNLV is irrelevant. You haven't won an NCAA Tournament game since 2008

ComCY

Oct 31, 2016

Was it proven the last three years when you had top classes, too, and then under-performed?

And to be honest, it doesn't matter if we keep thinking you're irrelevant or not, the fact is you are. And I'm sure even if we ever start thinking you are relevant, you'll still keep taking our recruit$.