Glorious thread over at the Phog

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Man, I had so much respect for you. You were willing to state your opinions, and suffer the slings and arrows of our outrage. You could go toe to toe with the staunchest Cyclone fan, and never bat an eye - much less take it personally. AND YOU MARRIED AN NEBRASKAN??!?!?! Geesh.
If you like folks that will go toe to toe without batting an eye then you would understand. She's a feisty little butt kicker.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
One thing is for sure. I would say Kansas considers us their main basketball rival in conference play now.
If Prohm can guide you through this upcoming transition while keeping you ranked and in the top 4 of the conference then yeah, it will start shaping up that way. If you drop off to the NIT and the bottom 4 of the league then you'll be just another occasional contender.

• Agree
Reactions: isu2014

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Oh yeah their fans down in KC were cheering against up Saturday night.
I am not lying and not making this up at all. I saw a KU fan that looked like he was going to cry standing in the concourse with his gf after our game with WVU. He was visibly very upset iowa State won.

Cyclo-Trog

Feb 5, 2017
If you like folks that will go toe to toe without batting an eye then you would understand. She's a feisty little butt kicker.
OK, I'll give you that one. BTW- I should talk, I married a Hawkeye. It works though - we don't talk for two weeks out of the year.

• Funny
Reactions: isu2014

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
OK, I'll give you that one. BTW- I should talk, I married a Hawkeye. It works though - we don't talk for two weeks out of the year.

Dude, you married a Hawkeye? That's just wrong on so many levels, it can't be charted. Please convert her.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclone1995

Cyclo-Trog

Feb 5, 2017
Dude, you married a Hawkeye? That's just wrong on so many levels, it can't be charted. Please convert her.

I have been wearing her down over the last 28 years... I finally have her pulling for the 'Clones when they are not playing the Hawks. You should hear her go off when one of our guys throw up a brick on the break with no one under the basket. She almost sounds like a true believer. Almost.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Wow. Never let it be said that ISU is not KU's #1 rival in their eyes because it's clear beyond doubt...they cheered for freaking WVU foulball over ISU. That thread is just...wow.

Question: Why do they call our coach "High School Prohm"?

I need a translator to even understand KU's fans passionate rage against ISU.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
There are hundreds and hundreds of pages of threads about KU here.

Well we don't deny that we care about beating KU, it's a goal of our team and fans to beat the best program in our conference. KU fans act like ISU is insignificant...and then make complete idiots out of themselves with hilarious threads like that.

It's exactly like the booing. KU fans boo the most of any fans I've ever heard, they just rarely are behind at home or get bad calls at home. When you're behind or get a bad call it's insane booing like I've never heard anywhere else in any sport. But ISU is the only team that boos. It's freaking hilarious how naive you guys are to your own behavior. Just be honest about it.

The honest fact is that outside of KU, ISU has won the most Big 12 games over the last 5 or 6 year span. In the Big 12 tournament they've won the most of anybody. It's natural that we're the most annoying to you because we've BEAT KU THE MOST. Just be honest, don't be so delusional. Pass it on to them.

trajanJ

Sep 11, 2008
There seems to be quite a few KU fans bashing the thread itself. Every fan base has some annoying fans. My theory is KU has more than usual because they have a lot of fans that didn't go to school there and have no real investment. The minute KU starts losing more games they can become UNC fans and start talking trash on Duke.

As far as rivals, it's going to be very hard to replace Mizzou. The two schools actually hate each other in a great rival way. I miss that and actually just miss the old conference. Currently OSU and ISU seem to give KU the most trouble. Maybe ISU can develop into that rival if the conference can somehow stay around long enough for that to happen.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
There seems to be quite a few KU fans bashing the thread itself. Every fan base has some annoying fans. My theory is KU has more than usual because they have a lot of fans that didn't go to school there and have no real investment. The minute KU starts losing more games they can become UNC fans and start talking trash on Duke.

As far as rivals, it's going to be very hard to replace Mizzou. The two schools actually hate each other in a great rival way. I miss that and actually just miss the old conference. Currently OSU and ISU seem to give KU the most trouble. Maybe ISU can develop into that rival if the conference can somehow stay around long enough for that to happen.
Agreed 100%. I do not even participate on phog.net any more because the ratio of idiots to regular people became too high. The inmates run the asylum over there and it got old getting shouted down by lunatics all the time. Most of the reasonable KU fans that used to post there have left. It is not even remotely resembling an accurate representation of the KU fanbase.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Wow. Never let it be said that ISU is not KU's #1 rival in their eyes because it's clear beyond doubt...they cheered for freaking WVU foulball over ISU. That thread is just...wow.

Question: Why do they call our coach "High School Prohm"?

I need a translator to even understand KU's fans passionate rage against ISU.
For the same reason that some write "Bill Selfish" or "Dollar Bill"; because simple minded people are easily amused by what they think are witty word play nicknames.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
For the same reason that some write "Bill Selfish" or "Dollar Bill"; because simple minded people are easily amused by what they think are witty word play nicknames.
Prohm doesn't even rhyme with "Prom" though. It would help if "witty" people would at least know how to read and pronounce names... They can do better than that.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Well we don't deny that we care about beating KU, it's a goal of our team and fans to beat the best program in our conference. KU fans act like ISU is insignificant...and then make complete idiots out of themselves with hilarious threads like that.

It's exactly like the booing. KU fans boo the most of any fans I've ever heard, they just rarely are behind at home or get bad calls at home. When you're behind or get a bad call it's insane booing like I've never heard anywhere else in any sport. But ISU is the only team that boos. It's freaking hilarious how naive you guys are to your own behavior. Just be honest about it.

The honest fact is that outside of KU, ISU has won the most Big 12 games over the last 5 or 6 year span. In the Big 12 tournament they've won the most of anybody. It's natural that we're the most annoying to you because we've BEAT KU THE MOST. Just be honest, don't be so delusional. Pass it on to them.
It's not the fact that ISU has scored victories against us that fuels some fans cheers against ISU. We arent totally delusional, we understand that there are other good teams out there that are going to beat us. It's the statements and behaviors of some ISU fans after those wins that fuels a personal desire to see ISU lose. Folks just get carried away with what a win over KU means.

The overreaction of a fan base to beating KU is as predictable as a sun rise. It used to be the Mizzou fan bases job and now some ISU fans have picked up the gauntlet and run with it. Heck, even opposing players aren't immune to feeling a little too good about themselves for beating KU. ISU followed a win at KU with a loss at Texas. That's just dumb.

Old folks like me can easily ignore the anti-KU venom. Younger fans are spazzy and hyperactive and prone to overly dramatic overreactions and it leads to them being whackos online. Such is life.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Prohm doesn't even rhyme with "Prom" though. It would help if "witty" people would at least know how to read and pronounce names... They can do better than that.

It's like how Shaquille O'Neal thinks he is really smart and witty when he's really just stupid and childish. He nicknamed himself "The Big Aristotle" for crying out loud.

News flash, the use of just made up nicknames should be a giant red flag that you arent as smart as you think you are. It has the wittiness of a poop joke.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron