Glorious thread over at the Phog

Bu4ISU

Sep 2, 2012
Seattle
I ******* HATE KU, probably more than Iowa. But I love that thread, it's fun to see how irritated they are by us.

• Agree
Reactions: Macloney

cyguy9320

Nov 26, 2006
Was at Cinderblock Brewery in KC watching the game on Saturday night. After the Clones had lost, around 10 Jayhawks started clapping/cheering. One Jayhawk, decided to turn around in his barstool and start chirping "Rock Chalk?" at me.

Me: "Did you even go to KU?"
Douche: "Yeah!"
Me: "Cool! What was your degree?"
Douche: (long pause) "I dunno! Doesn't matter!"

TL;DR Jayhawks are nervous/douchebags.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
That is correct. Married a Nebraskan and moved here almost 15 years ago. 14.5 more to go.
Got ya, just trying to ascertain how in touch with Kansas base you are, I'm out of touch at this point with isu after 5 years, but I'm quite a ways away so

usedcarguy

Apr 12, 2008
Ames
It takes a very special lack of self-awareness to create and populate a thread on their own internet-based message board about how petty and angry our fanbase is (because them complaining about us is obviously not the same). Or, how we are apparently more morally backwards than them (who are observably one of the most governmentally/socially regressive states in existence), or how they love that we wish them to fail (even though they are doing and celebrating the exact same thing), or how the wish that we bottom out and turn to nothing overnight (you know, because crediting a decent team is impossible for a blue-blood, just ask Duke fans about SC; along with the fact that watering down the conference doesn't exactly make them a better team by any measureable system), or compaining about our fans making profanity-laced rants at them (which they are still doing to us in that thread, multiple times over)...The list of self-awareness failures goes on.

But, what I find as the most egregious fault here is that they think they if the Big 12 falls apart, we will have a harder time finding a new conference than them. Go ahead, ask UCONN how that works for blue-blood basketball programs with no football at all. KU would have no better luck finding another P5 than we would.

They'll have to go to the American Athletic Conference. Wait....The Big East would probably be more appropriate. LOL

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
Who is back for KU next year that is "proven"?

You bring back, maybe, Graham, Vick and Svi. We bring back Jackson, Babb and Young.

Lots of new players and roles top to bottom on both teams.

They get the Miss St 5 star transfer eligible (Newman i believe), who i forgot about previously. He'll be awesome.

CycloneBBFan

Dec 21, 2015
Somebody should remind the JerkHawks Bill Self is going to retire some day. Boo Hooo.

Cyclo-Trog

Feb 5, 2017
That is correct. Married a Nebraskan and moved here almost 15 years ago. 14.5 more to go.

Man, I had so much respect for you. You were willing to state your opinions, and suffer the slings and arrows of our outrage. You could go toe to toe with the staunchest Cyclone fan, and never bat an eye - much less take it personally. AND YOU MARRIED AN NEBRASKAN??!?!?! Geesh.

ILikeCy

Dec 16, 2008
Omaha
Man, I had so much respect for you. You were willing to state your opinions, and suffer the slings and arrows of our outrage. You could go toe to toe with the staunchest Cyclone fan, and never bat an eye - much less take it personally. AND YOU MARRIED AN NEBRASKAN??!?!?! Geesh.
Hey, it happens to the best of us. I successfully converted my Nebraska-born wife to a Cyclone fan, though.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Can't wait till Prohm fill out our roster so we can look forward to extending our win streak at the Phog.

• Optimistic
Reactions: CprE84

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
I don't care too much for fake made up birds that imaginarily reside to the east or the south of ISU.

Imaginarily is a fake word. I probably heard it come from the mouth of Don King or Donald Trump.

• Funny
Reactions: carvers4math

Help Support Us

Become a patron