I have a little More Respect For Peter Jok

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Congrats on being Frantrum free, Peter Jok. Hopefully those Hawk fans will quit bagging on you at some point.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Mods can we just close any hok mega threads that the few 100 posts per day hoks won't let die? Season is over, they can come back when school starts at the end of summer.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
I think it's funny that most fans think next year will be even better wo Jok. They have no idea how much they'll miss him and how his shooting opened everything up for others.
They keep signing big men and barely hAve any guards.
I'm not sure too many fans really believe this or if its more wishful thinking since they still played well when he was hurt.
Jok is a classy kid, or at least was from what I saw from his days at Roosevelt and Valley. I was disappointed with the Moore debacle.

dodgerdan

Oct 24, 2015
I always find it funny that the people that are in the fire and actually competing are also supposed to be the immature kids. The people that don't have to do anything but sit and watch for entertainment are supposed to be adults but when it comes to interactions with "opponents," those roles are completely flipped and the fans are immature while the athletes actually have some respect.

Great post

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Imagine the depth and experience at guard if Jok was on this season's ISU team — and it was already good anyway. (Assuming all other things equal).

That raises a question: When Jok went to Iowa instead of Iowa State, what other players were in the recruiting mix during the cycle who ended up in Ames? My memory isn't good w/ recruiting history.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Jok is one of those opposing-team players I find it impossible to dislike, even in a "rivalry fun" way, because he's an outstanding player with no distracting negative qualities (off-court or on). Buddy Hield is another example of that (although Hield obviously is higher on the ladder than Jok for full college career).

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Imagine the depth and experience at guard if Jok was on this season's ISU team — and it was already good anyway. (Assuming all other things equal).

That raises a question: When Jok went to Iowa instead of Iowa State, what other players were in the recruiting mix during the cycle who ended up in Ames? My memory isn't good w/ recruiting history.

When we self reported Moore doing what he shouldn't, Fred backed off to avoid any big issues. This occurred when Fred first arrived so things were kinda in flux then.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
I was off by a week. Fran went and watched Hogue the week before Jok's visit on a Friday, Fred went Sunday, Fran knew he was out and offered Jok on Monday

Nice try.

You should really stop making stuff up to try and make yourself look like you know what you are talking about.

Help Support Us

Become a patron