I have a little More Respect For Peter Jok

Discussion in 'In-State Rivals' started by ameslurker, Mar 19, 2017.

1. CyTwins

CyTwins Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Ankeny
    I was off by a week, my mistake.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. HawkeyeMashup

HawkeyeMashup Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2017
    Male
    Fran watched Pete, saw enough and offered him on the spot. He moved on from Hogue and went for Pete, I don't think Hogue even had a commutable offer from Iowa after that.

This is exactly what I posted right away. I knew the moved on from someone, just forgot it was Hogue. Not sure why this makes people mad, recruiting can be very subjective. Once Iowa felt Pete was healthy they wanted him way more than anyone else. If his workout wouldn't have gone well, Morgan was gonna be the offer. That is the way it goes in recruiting sometimes.

3. CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
    Ankeny
    Yeah not how it went down. Fran really wanted Hogue or EC Matthews. Jok was a fallback recruit that obviously panned out even after his slow start

4. CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
    Ankeny
    Fran found out on Sunday he had no chance, offered Jok Monday. Simple stuff here fellas

5. HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
    Male
    Now that we know the timeline, you are going to still try to stick with this story? Nice try man, Fran offered Jok on the spot while Hogue wasn't committed. It happens lots of times, new recruits jump other recruits, and Pete was always a much higher ceiling recruit than Hogue ever was, it was strictly an unjury that scared teams off. You take the higher ceiling kid if you are convinced they are or can be healthy.

6. CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
    Ankeny
    Timeline was went in and saw Hogue on Friday, Fred went in on Sunday, Fran knew he wasn't going to get him after Fred was there and offered Jok Monday. I'm sure you could pull up the EC Matthews timeline too but even the biggest Hawkeye homers that follow recruiting will admit he was a priority over Jok even if they won't admit Hogue was too

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Hawkmi1987

Hawkmi1987 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2016
    Male
    So about a page and a half of talking about how Iowa and ISU players get along, and then 4.5/5 pages of fans of those two school arguing about something trivial and getting their panties in a bunch over it. Sounds about right.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. YeahBuddy

YeahBuddy Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2016
    Did you even read the article I posted? It was published on a Sunday, 09/23/2012.

"Jok, a 6-foot-6 shooting guard/small forward, met with McCaffery a week ago and showed his skills during an open gym session last Monday. McCaffery offered him a scholarship after seeing Jok's workout."

Fran would have watched and offered on Monday, 09/17/2012.

9. CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
    Ankeny
    Fran offered Jok 9/17/2012. Fran watched Hogue 9/14/2012 and Fred watched Hogue 9/16/14.

• Like Like x 1
  10. HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
    Male
    The more I read old threads on Jok the more I don't believe anything you say. You clearly don't like Jok and have an agenda here. You mocked Iowa for signing him calling him a mid major recruit, saying he would stink, etc. You clearly don't know how to evaluate talent as everyone knew how good Jok was, it was only a question of health.

Coaches are constantly watching, visiting and evaluating kids. For instance, Fred offered Morgan, and he told them no thanks so ISU moved on with Hogu. So according to you Hogue was a fallback? The fact is you have no clue if ISU liked the most, Morgan, Jok (they couldn't offer because of circumstances) or Hogue.

If you have offers out to kids and you extend other offers, then you like the new offer just as much or more. Happens all the time.

11. CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
    Ankeny
    I think Jok is a great player and really respect his game. I thought he was a mid major recruit when he signed because nobody wanted him and he was pretty poor his first two years. He proved me wrong and I have no problem admitting that. The Morgan/ISU recruiting deal was pretty unique

12. ameslurker

ameslurker Active Member

Jan 21, 2013
    Came back to check out this thread out since I hadn't seen much past the first couple pages and its like...

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. ameslurker

ameslurker Active Member

Jan 21, 2013
    I cannot imagine one thread that could reach 10k posts which wouldn't get nasty

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Gunnerclone

Gunnerclone Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2010
    Cheddar Production
    DSM
    I feel like this wouldn't happen if hok trolls could understand this is CYCLONE Fanatic. Oh I know, there's lots of great discussion here, we even mention the hoks once in a while. But why don't you go make your own sites fetch instead of using ours as some kind of weird prosthetic penis attachment to keep your hok boners going.

15. YeahBuddy

YeahBuddy Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2016
    This board has more Hawk discussion than most Hawkeye message boards.

16. Gunnerclone

Gunnerclone Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2010
    Cheddar Production
    DSM
    What is your point? There's also more political talk on this site than CNN but I don't see a bunch of congressman coming here to get their rocks off.

We all know this is a great site. I just don't understand why you don't want the same thing with a hok label on it? It's going to be funny when this site spawns a hok site that looks like it is the anti-CF but it's actually CF running it and profiting from it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Male
    Ankeny
    Don't blame us for hawk sites being barren wastelands. Go on over and "Make Hawkeye Nation Great Again!"

(With the caveat being that HN was never and will never be great)

• Like Like x 2
  18. Hawkmi1987

Hawkmi1987 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2016
    Male
    [​IMG]

19. CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
    Ankeny
    To get this thread back on track, Jok improved more over his career than any Hawkeye player I can remember and that includes Marble. He's going to be really really hard to replace. The kid could get buckets whenever he wanted

20. carvers4math

carvers4math Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2012
    This may have been discussed already but I have a lot of the Hawks on ignore so some of these threads just look like Twins shadow boxing. Didn't he blow out an ACL or something in high school? I assume that is why schools backed off of him and why he took a while to get going at Iowa.

With the NBA anyway, I think he may have a McBuckets problem of good offense but can you keep him out there on defense.