I have a little More Respect For Peter Jok

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
Do you think it's completely impossible that Hogue told Fran he was not coming to Iowa, so Fran took Jok's commitment?

Not everything that happens in the recruiting world is documented on recruiting sites.

Not impossible at all. Could totally have happened that way.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Not impossible at all. Could totally have happened that way.

So why are you getting your panties in a twist over who committed first? It's possible that Hogue let Fran know he wouldn't be taking his offered scholarship, so Fran accepted Jok's commit. Which ended up being a good move by Fran.

Hogue then spent the next week thinking about his commitment and signed with ISU. Not that hard to understand that it could be possible.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
So Pete's brother told you that Iowa wanted Hogue, and not his brother?

That doesn't make sense, Jok committed to Iowa a week before Hogue committed to ISU.

Fran was watching Hogue play while Jok was on campus for his OV. Hogue told him he wasn't going to Iowa and Fran offered Jok. It's not a secret and was played out pretty publicly

• Funny
Reactions: hawxrox09

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
So why are you getting your panties in a twist over who committed first? It's possible that Hogue let Fran know he wouldn't be taking his offered scholarship, so Fran accepted Jok's commit. Which ended up being a good move by Fran.

Hogue then spent the next week thinking about his commitment and signed with ISU. Not that hard to understand that it could be possible.

My panties aren't in a bunch. @Gunnerclone calles me liar when I said Pete committed to Iowa before Hogue did to ISU.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
Fran was watching Hogue play while Jok was on campus for his OV. Hogue told him he wasn't going to Iowa and Fran offered Jok. It's not a secret and was played out pretty publicly

Link? I follow Iowa sports as close as anyone and I had never heard this. I know for a fact that Iowa was really close to offering Morgan over Jok.

Also did ISU ever even offer Jok? I mean why are IsU fans all made that I would say Jok wanted to go to Iowa as he didn't even have a ISU offer.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
My panties aren't in a bunch. @Gunnerclone calles me liar when I said Pete committed to Iowa before Hogue did to ISU.

In no way did he say you were lying about when Jok commited. He said you were incorrect in stating that Iowa took Jok over Hogue, which you stated below.

Looking at Rivals, Jok committed a week before Hogue, so Iowa took Jok over Hogue, as Hogue didn't have his offer any longer at Iowa as they only had 1 ride left.

I had actually heard that Iowa was pretty close to taking Morgan over Jok, that this was the real decision if Iowa wanted Morgan or Jok.

Then you doubled down questioning how Iowa could have wanted Hogue more but took the Jok commitment. Where you obviously failed to consider the possibility that Hogue could have rejected the offer before committing to Iowa State.

Hawkmi1987

Jun 27, 2016
Newton, Ia
I thought you were a somewhat intelligent troll so I could talk to you like an intelligent person. That was a mistake as I've learned from your partial butthurt/partial elation at Purdue beating ISU that is comign to the front in this thread and the other thread I was trying to have an intelligent conversation with you in.

So calling me a liar is your way of having an intelligent conversation?

I never claimed to have insider knowledge on this situation. I can read though. If Pete commits to Iowa before Hogue has committed anywhere, how is it that Iowa wanted Hogue and not Pete. Also why would Pete's brother telling you that Iowa wanted Hogue and not Pete.

Now I'm not going to call you a liar like you did me, but your story makes no sense. I asked for clarification and you can't/won't provide it. In the sceme of things Pete committed to and played for Iowa and he was a great player for Iowa.
a0qre.gif

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
In no way did he say you were lying about when Jok commited. He said you were incorrect in stating that Iowa took Jok over Hogue, which you stated below.

Then you doubled down questioning how Iowa could have wanted Hogue more but took the Jok commitment. Where you obviously failed to consider the possibility that Hogue could have rejected the offer before committing to Iowa State.

While it is possible that Hogue tells Fran he isn't coming to Iowa, I don't find that to be the most logical explanation as to what might have happened.

The fact is Jok committed to Iowa before Hogue did ISU, it is just as likely that Iowa was done waiting on Hogue and felt good about Pete. Plus I also know for a fact that Iowa was down to deciding between Morgan and Jok. The offer went out to Jok and he accepted. If he wouldn't have accepted Iowa felt great about Morgan as well and would have eventually moved onto him.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
While it is possible that Hogue tells Fran he isn't coming to Iowa, I don't find that to be the most logical explanation as to what might have happened.

The fact is Jok committed to Iowa before Hogue did ISU, it is just as likely that Iowa was done waiting on Hogue and felt good about Pete. Plus I also know for a fact that Iowa was down to deciding between Morgan and Jok. The offer went out to Jok and he accepted. If he wouldn't have accepted Iowa felt great about Morgan as well and would have eventually moved onto him.

Ok, and even if this is the scenario, it's still possible that they wanted Hogue over Jok. They just weren't willing to wait on Hogue anymore like you said.

Either way there's no way you can definitively say that Iowa wanted Jok over Hogue. That's why Gunner vehemently disagreed with your statement.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Link? I follow Iowa sports as close as anyone and I had never heard this. I know for a fact that Iowa was really close to offering Morgan over Jok.

Also did ISU ever even offer Jok? I mean why are IsU fans all made that I would say Jok wanted to go to Iowa as he didn't even have a ISU offer.

ISU offered Morgan but didn't offer Jok because of the Lefty Moore situation. I'm not sure if ISU would have offered Jok in the Fall period regardless. It was well discussed Jok was on his visit at Iowa and Fran went to watch Hogue. Hogue said no, Fran went back to Iowa City and offered Jok and he committed right after

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
ISU offered Morgan but didn't offer Jok because of the Lefty Moore situation. I'm not sure if ISU would have offered Jok in the Fall period regardless. It was well discussed Jok was on his visit at Iowa and Fran went to watch Hogue. Hogue said no, Fran went back to Iowa City and offered Jok and he committed right after

If it was well documented, just shoot me the link so I can read about it. Should be pretty easy if this was all well documented.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017

Fine and good, I'm not sure why @Gunnerclone has to come at me calling me a liar. This is recruiting, and I can tell you that unless a coach is on here posting, there isn't a poster here who knows for a fact how it all went down.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Fine and good, I'm not sure why @Gunnerclone has to come at me calling me a liar. This is recruiting, and I can tell you that unless a coach is on here posting, there isn't a poster here who knows for a fact how it all went down.

Says the person that tried to tell everyone how it all went down to start this mess in the first place. Go away. It's the offseason now.

• Agree
Reactions: Rural and cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
If it was well documented, just shoot me the link so I can read about it. Should be pretty easy if this was all well documented.

It was well DISCUSSED... on a message board. There weren't stories about it posted on a specific site.

If you can search for a particular topic and easily find the exact statement you were looking for from 4 to 5 years ago, then be my guest.