Underwood to Illinois - Prohm Now Lowest Paid

Clones15

Feb 17, 2017
With Brad Underwood leaving Oklahoma State for the Illinois job, I believe this makes Prohm the lowest paid coach in the Big 12. With the success that he's had, do you guys think Iowa State should give him a raise so we don't have to worry about him potentially leaving for more money like Underwood just did?

If this has already been posted somewhere, let me know..

CYber_saber

Mar 2, 2017
With Brad Underwood leaving Oklahoma State for the Illinois job, I believe this makes Prohm the lowest paid coach in the Big 12. With the success that he's had, do you guys think Iowa State should give him a raise so we don't have to worry about him potentially leaving for more money like Underwood just did?

If this has already been posted somewhere, let me know..
Next season is important for Prohm's rating after losing the winningest seniors this year. If he can make it to post-season then sure double his pay or even more. But a raise this year could appreciate his efforts and motivation

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
Next season is important for Prohm's rating after losing the winningest seniors this year. If he can make it to post-season then sure double his pay or even more.
Kind of what I was thinking. He's earned a bump but hold off on the major raise till the next 1-2 years.

Reactions: MIClone

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
How much is he getting paid now? How many years left?

Clones15

Feb 17, 2017
Next season is important for Prohm's rating after losing the winningest seniors this year. If he can make it to post-season then sure double his pay or even more. But a raise this year could appreciate his efforts and motivation

This is what I was thinking. Give him a solid pay raise for next year to keep him happy (and because he has absolutely earned it), but hold off on the long term extension until next off-season or possibly the year after.

If he takes next year's team to the tournament, then I will have seen all I need to see. Pay the man. Lock him up long term.

browns4cy

Sep 3, 2014
A raise in base pay and maybe a small extention but bump the bonuses big. I don't know how much he gets per tournament win. Big 12 title pays I'm sure. Raise those bonuses. Great motivation and you don't get to crazy with the base

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
He's signed through 2020. 1.5 mil per.