Underwood to Illinois - Prohm Now Lowest Paid

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

RedlineSi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Twin Cities
He needs 2 more years added and he needs to be in the 2-2.2 Million range.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if JP was already on this.

• Agree
Reactions: 8bitnes

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
Both Prohm and Campbell seem happy in Ames especially with the family vibes.
The only thing I worry about is that both are a few states away from their hometowns.
People move home sometimes after a few years like Cuonzo Martin.

These guys need to be paid what they are worth regardless of how much we think they like Ames. I honestly feel like if Campbell can get rolling then he is worth 3.5 to 4 million. We have never won on football and if we get a guy that wins here consistently then we need to loosen the purse strings. Prohm same deal.

This place would go crazy with a winner in football

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
I believe Prohm has made $100,000 in the past week with a tournament win and a big 12 tournament championship.

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
Pay the man. He cannot be last in this conference in salary for the job he's done. Some of you act like he had nothing to do with the continued development of the players Fred brought in and all that glory goes to Fred. I disagree. He has had a significant impact on developing Monte, Matt and Deonte. Even Naz to a certain extent. Prohm has show his abilities already....why wait until he gets tempted by someone else?

Dingus

May 23, 2013
Can't fault a guy for changing jobs for a 300% raise, but still, I'd be pissed if I were a OSU fan. They don't seem to have that much coming in as it is, some will probably follow Underwood to Illinois, and you have to wonder if this makes it less likely Evans comes back.

el tornado

Mar 23, 2006
Prohm deserves a raise. What is his salary compared to last place finisher Shakha Smart?

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
From a business perspective, I favor loading the performance bonus. Have to trust Pollard to know how to make a coach feel welcome.

KnappShack

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
These guys need to be paid what they are worth regardless of how much we think they like Ames. I honestly feel like if Campbell can get rolling then he is worth 3.5 to 4 million. We have never won on football and if we get a guy that wins here consistently then we need to loosen the purse strings. Prohm same deal.

This place would go crazy with a winner in football

For the good of the entire AD we need Campbell to worth that number.

Football is EVERYTHING. We must have a respectable football program next time the conference shake up comes around

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
I'm OK with giving him a decent raise, and maybe another year extension. He deserves it after turning this team around in February and getting them to peak at the right time. But remember that these are mostly very good seniors that he did not recruit.

Next year would be the year to see if he's going to be the guy that we should be throwing top-tier Big 12 money at. If he can take us to the NCAA's again next year, then yes, give him everything he's worth.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Next season is important for Prohm's rating after losing the winningest seniors this year. If he can make it to post-season then sure double his pay or even more. But a raise this year could appreciate his efforts and motivation

Yea umm no. He's going to be in year 3 of a 5 year deal..You don't let that linger recruiting wise..would be monumental bad move by JP.