ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
What are you guys using?

I'm on an iPhone 6s, am on mobile all of the time and never have problems. Like, ever.

Are you on Androids? Give me as many specifics as possible and I will continue to iron this out. We made some changes a few months ago and the complaints went away. Apparently something sneaking back and causing problems though.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Galaxy Note 5. Samsung browser and Chrome are both very slow and shoddy. Pages are constantly trying to load and reload stuff on them. Typing in text hangs often, particularly when it auto-saves a draft of the text. On rare occasions, using the site can actually brick my phone solid.

Using an adblocking browser solves basically everything for me (and the particular browser I use now is based on Chromium, too).

• Agree
Reactions: kilroy

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Good news is that once the season is over, my plan is to roll out an ad-free/subscription type of option for the site. All content will still be free for everyone but if you don't want ads, a pay option that will also include a premium forum and some other goodies.

Trust me: Nobody hates putting ads on here more than me. The state of the digital advertising world is at an all-time low. Our revenue has been more than cut in half as far as CPMs go and everybody wants a damn video anymore.

It's brutal out here.

My apologies for the issues and I appreciate your patience. Just emailed our developer and ad manager about this.

Last edited:

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
What are you guys using?

I'm on an iPhone 6s, am on mobile all of the time and never have problems. Like, ever.

Are you on Androids? Give me as many specifics as possible and I will continue to iron this out. We made some changes a few months ago and the complaints went away. Apparently something sneaking back and causing problems though.

my experience with an android, using Chrome, is that CF loads very, very slowly. Each page can take 10 seconds or longer to come all the way up. Like for example, the Recent Posts page will pop up, and I'll be able to see the thread titles, but none of them are available to click on until the page finishes loading. Also, scrolling will be disabled from time to time.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Good news is that once the season is over, my plan is to roll out an ad-free/subscription type of option for the site.

Trust me: Nobody hates putting ads on here more than me. The state of the digital advertising world is at an all-time low. Our revenue has been more than cut in half as far as CPMs go and everybody wants a damn video anymore.

It's brutal out here.

My apologies for the issues and I appreciate your patience. Just emailed our developer and ad manager about this.

Free iPhones with a CF subscription would likely solve this. Just sayin'. ;)

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
iPhone 6 and Safari, Chromebook. Last night on my Chromebook I actually had to power slam it off after completely freezing up and being unable to even close the browser.

• Agree
Reactions: cydsho

crawfy54

Dec 28, 2006
Ames, Iowa
I remember having issues on my iphone 6 (1st gen). I was a dummy and didnt use an AdBlocker, though. I then inherited a galaxy note 3 after my iphone tragically fell 300 ft. CF was very, very slow on my note3, even when using an adblocker. Just got this iPhone 6s a few weeks ago and downloaded "AdBlock" app for Safari, and I have not had one issue at all with CF.

kilroy

Jun 10, 2010
hills to flat lands
Andoroid 6.1, Chrome browser, with 4gb ram in my phone should be able to handle it.

I hate hearing premium forum CW, that makes me nervous, the whole reason I love your site is there is no PREMIUM forum (aka premium info regardless of claims otherwise).

CW, I really dont mind the ads, you gotta make your money dude I understand, but figure out a way to load ads without dragging the internet to a halt!

FYI, I stopped complaining from last month because nothing changed. The site has been draggy and still is laggy the same as the last complaint cycle it never got better for me.

crawfy54

Dec 28, 2006
Ames, Iowa
That's kind of key information if you're posting in a thread about bad load times to say you don't have that issue.
I've had issues with past phones while using an adblocker. Sorry I was vague. Iphone 6s is the only phone I've had that hasn't had an issue with CF, adblocker or not.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
galaxy s6 with adblocker. site lags to load resulting in numerous "wrong clicks". pages with video ads take forever to load. Honestly i really scaled back my participation after work because of the issues.

• Agree
Reactions: kilroy

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE
iPhone 6 and Safari, Chromebook. Last night on my Chromebook I actually had to power slam it off after completely freezing up and being unable to even close the browser.
YES. This happens all the time on my Chromebook. I've never had any problems with any site before this.

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE
Good news is that once the season is over, my plan is to roll out an ad-free/subscription type of option for the site. All content will still be free for everyone but if you don't want ads, a pay option that will also include a premium forum and some other goodies.

It's brutal out here.

How much are you talking? Oh what the hell, just take my money.

CY88CE11

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 25, 2012
The Des
Typing a comment on my S7 is cumbersome, to say the least. It won't show the characters I'm typing until several seconds later, and editing any mistakes I made during that typing makes everything jumpy.

Help Support Us

Become a patron