Creepy Campus Clowns....Everywhere!!!

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Joaqin Phoenix's rant here sums up what I think about these **** wads. I really want to beat the crap out of the guy who was hanging out at our neighborhood park yesterday.

• Funny
  • Winner
Reactions: cmjh10 and Doc

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006

iowa_wildcat

Jan 25, 2008
Ames
The world was a lot more pleasant when the fad of the season was streaking. It was good harmless fun unless the streaker fell down. ;)

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
The whole thing essentially started in South Carolina:
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/clown-sightings-south-carolina-creepy-details-released/

And has spread pretty quickly from there. There were a group of middle schoolers suspended here in suburban Dallas yesterday for setting up an instagram page saying that the clowns are now in our area and are going to be murdering kids at the fair today (Texas State Fair - the schools are on holiday for the kids to go to the fair. Seriously).

View attachment 44505

Yeah...we got a message from Mansfield ISD yesterday indicating that some creepy clowns had been seen on a couple of the campuses, and that the ISD had it under control.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
I think at this point, they are considering it to be similar to showing up in a white hooded mask. There IS harm once people start feeling terrorized or threatened.

I wouldn't argue with that but I would imagine it would be a hard case to make.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
People couldn't play that Pokemon Go without getting shot and they were just looking for imaginary cartoon things.

Who thinks it's a solid idea to dress up and scare people? People are going to die

Not very smart people? Could just be another instance of natural selection working itself out...

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I think that at this point if someone dresses up as a creepy clown (as a prank or intending harm, doesn't matter) then whatever happens is on them. No sympathy whatsoever for these stupid *****. If I see one on my property or harassing my family, I'm not asking questions. And I'll bet I'm not the only one thinking that way.

Bryce7

May 4, 2016
3504.jpg

Go stick it, Rockwall.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
I can't be the only one who doesn't give a s*** about people dressed in clown costumes. Who cares? Why is this even a thing that people talk about?

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I can't be the only one who doesn't give a s*** about people dressed in clown costumes. Who cares? Why is this even a thing that people talk about?

Well when they are at my park and could, at best, scare the crap out of my kids, and at worst harm my children, I care.

Some of these guys in South Carolina were trying to lure kids into the woods. That's not gonna fly with me. It's not something I would be ok with ignoring.

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
Well when they are at my park and could, at best, scare the crap out of my kids, and at worst harm my children, I care.

Some of these guys in South Carolina were trying to lure kids into the woods. That's not gonna fly with me. It's not something I would be ok with ignoring.

That part was found out to be a hoax there was never any clowns trying to do that.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
That part was found out to be a hoax there was never any clowns trying to do that.

Well I guess that's good news.

I just really don't want any of the neighborhood kids to feel unsafe at the park. Even if they are harmless dweebs, it's still messed up. Go jerk it to your moms Victorias Secret catalog like a normal teenager.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
All I know is my 7 year old, and probably my 9 year old, would be scared shitless if they had ridden their bikes alone to our neighborhood park yesterday and that creepy jack ass was there.

That's messed up as all hell.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines

To be fair, the claims of clowns trying to lure kids into the woods were never substantiated by authorities. That said, I'm with you. I'm going to err on the side of caution when it comes to my family and home, and if I feel threatened then I'm going to act.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines

Was it proven to be a hoax or just never substantiated by the cops there? I guess it doesn't make a huge difference, but like cyhiphopp said, I don't want my kids getting freaked out by some dumbass in a clown suit. Even if it's just a dumb prank and no physical harm is intended.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
If some of you young guys had kids of an age that could go to a park without an adult, you'd feel differently. It's not harmless in that scenario.

Some dorks creeping out adults downtown, well that's different. They might get their ass beat, but they aren't messing with little kids.

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
Was it proven to be a hoax or just never substantiated by the cops there? I guess it doesn't make a huge difference, but like cyhiphopp said, I don't want my kids getting freaked out by some dumbass in a clown suit. Even if it's just a dumb prank and no physical harm is intended.
From what I could gather from the luring kids into the woods story was someone made a fake clown watch Twitter page and was spreading the rumor of the clowns luring kids into the woods.

A ton of these Twitter pages dedicated to watching out for clowns are a sham. Not saying there aren't people doing it because a few nights ago there was a clown scaring people at the Jack trice Parking lot.

Lots of people are trying to jump into this fad by claiming there are clowns outside when there really wasn't. If anyone watches Phil Defranco on YouTube his last two videos touched on clowns for a little bit.

Edit: I should also say I'm not saying the clowns are harmless because I do find it insanely creepy and wish the police could do something about it but so far there hasn't been reports of them doing anything illegal so they aren't breaking the law.