Creepy Campus Clowns....Everywhere!!!

Discussion in 'Campus Life' started by Macloney, Oct 4, 2016.

1. NetflixAndClone

NetflixAndClone Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2015
    Student
    Ames
    From what I could gather from the luring kids into the woods story was someone made a fake clown watch Twitter page and was spreading the rumor of the clowns luring kids into the woods.

A ton of these Twitter pages dedicated to watching out for clowns are a sham. Not saying there aren't people doing it because a few nights ago there was a clown scaring people at the Jack trice Parking lot.

Lots of people are trying to jump into this fad by claiming there are clowns outside when there really wasn't. If anyone watches Phil Defranco on YouTube his last two videos touched on clowns for a little bit.

Edit: I should also say I'm not saying the clowns are harmless because I do find it insanely creepy and wish the police could do something about it but so far there hasn't been reports of them doing anything illegal so they aren't breaking the law.

2. CysRage

CysRage Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    My thought too. People calling 911 about these clowns and posting on facebook are only throwing fuel on the fire. Like the anthem protests, both are perfectly legal in the eyes of the law but if people stop giving them attention, they will stop on their own.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. boblaporte

boblaporte Member

Sep 4, 2013
    Iowa
    You may not chase someone because of the cloths they are wearing. I don’t care if it is a hijab, a nun’s habit, a clown costume or anything else. Get a grip!

4. jbindm

jbindm Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Des Moines
    That's all fine and good. It isn't a crime to wear a clown costume. But if someone is doing it with the intent to scare someone, then they deserve whatever they get when some overprotective parent or aggressive adult decides to put a stop to it.

5. cybychoice

cybychoice Member

Jun 27, 2014
    Ankeny
    You are right, but the second someone wearing a hijab, a nuns habit, or a clown costume stops my vehicle or comes on my property without cause they will be staring down the barrel of my .45

6. 19clone91

19clone91 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2013
    Male
    Denver, CO
    You can get as mad as you want at these stupid people wearing costumes, but claiming you would pull a gun on them if you happened upon them is ludicrous, unless they are actually threatening people / kids. They are not doing anything illegal, and even if they were on your property or in the road, that is no excuse to shoot them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2006
    Engineer
    Denver, CO
    Does Iowa have a menacing law? It probably wouldn't stick, but one could argue that they could be causing fear of imminent harm, especially if they're doing it around kids. IDW, I'm not a lawyer.

8. cdnlngld

cdnlngld Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2012
    Engineer
    Ames, IA
    HMMMMM......

[​IMG] upload_2016-10-5_17-1-21.jpeg

Kind of ironic.....

9. jkclone

jkclone Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    Male
    Student & Iowa State Fan
    Urbandale
    Can't they be charged with disorderly conduct? I find them extremely creepy. Most are just idiots but I'm afraid if I would run into one it would be an actual nut job.

10. Yellow Snow

Yellow Snow Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2006
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. HitItHard58

HitItHard58 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Story Co.
    Will they be swimming through the ashes of another life? I see no real reason to accept the way things have changed.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. enisthemenace

enisthemenace Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    Runnells, IA
    In some states, it is illegal, BTW.

13. Omaha Cy

Omaha Cy Well-Known Member

In Houston I played in a RBI Baseball tournament, and the game went into extra innings. My opponent's pitcher was gassed and was throwing meat right down the pipe. I scored 8 runs in the top of the 11th inning off 4 homers. In the bottom of the inning I overhear the guy doing announcing on the stream say that my relief pitcher came into the game smiling like a clown. That's all I got about clowns....

• Like Like x 1
  14. Macloney

Macloney Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2014
    1 mile from the phog
    I'm like Uncle Rico about that Grand Prize Game. "Man, if Bozo would have put me in I would have won the bike."

15. TXCyclones

TXCyclones Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    TX
    I think the point you're all missing about these clowns is that there could be hundreds in every car you see.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. mtowncyclone13

mtowncyclone13 Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2012
    grundy center
    #76 mtowncyclone13, Oct 5, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
    Some dude probably dressed as a clown for viral marketing of a movie and then some scared mom's group started a rumor and now everyone wants to be a part of it.

17. Rabbuk

Rabbuk Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2011
    I think a few states have laws on the books prohibiting people over like 12 from wearing masks in public, as a result of the KKK.

18. CloneinWDSM

CloneinWDSM Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2013
    Male
    Are the people saying they will shoot them if they come on their property the same people that think they could stop a terrorist attack if they had a gun on them?

19. NickTheGreat

NickTheGreat Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2012
    Enginerd
    Johnston
    In all fairness, weirdos have been doing this for years . . . without wearing clown costumes.

20. CYCLNST8

CYCLNST8 Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Male
    Urbandale
    Exactly. The worst thing we can do is freak out about it all over the news and social media. We're giving every perverted outcast in the world a fad to believe in. Just ignore them.