Cyclones Gear/Collectibles Swap

dmdom

Oct 28, 2014
Solid item. As others have shared, you come across them every so often, but I personally love finding things like this that "wouldnt happen now" (liquor associated with school).

I know people comment on mine in my collection as it's something not everyone has seen. My folks found one for me at a sale years ago and I always keep my eyes out for them for trading stock.

I've got one as part of my Cyclone stuff. 20160529_230155.jpg

TarCy

Oct 11, 2015
Lawrence KS
I'm Marrying my Cyclone Wife in October and would like to try and score her Parents some ISU memorabilia, if anyone has something, or an idea...
Also the Fiancée is begging for a Panthers Helmet signed by AJ, as I have turned her into a Panthers fan. If anyone has some connections let me know!

CycloneRoss

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2010
I'm always on the look out for vintage, off-the-wall stuff. I found a jacket that was given to George Amundson (Big Eight POTY, All-American) for the 1972 Shriner East West Game. I'm not sure if it's incredibly creepy that I bought this or if I got a steal (only like $30 for a nice jacket that is my size anyway). So on a scale of 1 to Restraining Order, give me your thoughts.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• shriner1.jpg
    shriner1.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 446
  • shriner2.jpg
    shriner2.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 446
  • shriner3.jpg
    shriner3.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 440
Reactions: GTO

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
I'm always on the look out for vintage, off-the-wall stuff. I found a jacket that was given to George Amundson (Big Eight POTY, All-American) for the 1972 Shriner East West Game. I'm not sure if it's incredibly creepy that I bought this or if I got a steal (only like $30 for a nice jacket that is my size anyway). So on a scale of 1 to Restraining Order, give me your thoughts.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I think that's pretty flippin cool!

• Agree

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

That's awesome! Truly one of a kind.

Not on the "restraining order" scale yet....that'd be other articles of clothing...and would depend on how you obtained them :twitcy:

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Very cool pick up. Not sure I'd advise wearing it, unless 1972 is your style.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
I recently picked up this limited print of Georges Niang. The artist (Kevin Richards) is from Jefferson, IA and has done other prints like the Hoiberg print they sold at the university bookstore. He does't have a website, but said if other fanatics wanted one to email him. His email is kevinsdrawings AT yahoo DOT com It's a 16x20 print. Mine is framed up and hung in my Cyclone room. :smile:
attachment.php

Attachments

• NiangPrint.jpg
    NiangPrint.jpg
    470.8 KB · Views: 256

Cypwr

Mar 18, 2006
Ameskeny
I recently picked up this limited print of Georges Niang. The artist (Kevin Richards) is from Jefferson, IA and has done other prints like the Hoiberg print they sold at the university bookstore. He does't have a website, but said if other fanatics wanted one to email him. His email is kevinsdrawings AT yahoo DOT com It's a 16x20 print. Mine is framed up and hung in my Cyclone room. :smile:
attachment.php

Did it come autographed or did you get it signed after you purchased?

tay2015

Aug 7, 2015
Just got my new Yeti 65 in today. Had a guy put some vinyl decals on it so they would last longer and look better than just a sticker from cy's locker room.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    56.8 KB · Views: 482
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    735.7 KB · Views: 487
Reactions: MSPClone210

bringmagicback

Dec 3, 2009
CF Resident Dog Lover
I cant grasp the whole Yeti craze. Everyone I know has one, none of them actually "need" it. I get if youre doing expedition travel, or hauling game from canada to mexico, you need to keep things cold. However, in most cases an on board fridge is a better option than a $400 cooler. If you are going to spend $400 on a cooler there are several better options than Yeti. Is it just because they use the name in country songs?

• Agree
Reactions: Macloney

tay2015

Aug 7, 2015
I cant grasp the whole Yeti craze. Everyone I know has one, none of them actually "need" it. I get if youre doing expedition travel, or hauling game from canada to mexico, you need to keep things cold. However, in most cases an on board fridge is a better option than a $400 cooler. If you are going to spend $400 on a cooler there are several better options than Yeti. Is it just because they use the name in country songs?

I wasn't a covinced till I used my buddy's. Dumped food and beer with a bag of ice, the cooler had to sit in the back of a truck under a hopper for 72 hours in 85 degree weather (I bet it was much hotter in the back of the truck under a black topper) and when we opened it maybe 3 ice cubes had melted. In my case I will be transporting frozen food to and from leech lake in the morning. And when I'm out at the cabin it's nice not having to drive 25 minutes into town for ice each day. Tailgating in temps like the UNI game last year had my ice melted by 5. Shoot me a link to a 65 quart that does better I would love to check it out hopefully it's not one that guarantees to be just as good but when held to a test isn't. Because there is about 15 brands that have been independently tested and they don't. Not a yeti dealer, just don't like the guy who thinks they have it all figured out and the the sheeple are wrong. Bet your 20 dollar pair of sneakers hold up just as good as the people who waste 100 for a new pair of nikes.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
I have a couple random things I found in my "extras" if anyone would want to trade.

Autographed women's poster from 07/08

I have a few schedule cards with the late Ennis Haywood

Harold Nichols glass from his retirement reception