****Official Class of 2017 Recruiting Thread****

jim4

Sep 27, 2014
So this camp that Monte is going to, top 30 2017 point guards will be there along with top 15 college pgs? Presumably means Monte will be hanging around the likes of Collin Sexton, Darius Perry, and Mckinley Wright?

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
So this camp that Monte is going to, top 30 2017 point guards will be there along with top 15 college pgs? Presumably means Monte will be hanging around the likes of Collin Sexton, Darius Perry, and Mckinley Wright?

McKinley isn't top 30 by most rankings but not sure how top 30 is decided by the camp.

HardcoreClone

Jul 28, 2006
McKinley Wright will be visiting Dayton. I know he has previously visited Ames. But I don't like the fact that he just had to cancel his visit here, and is now going somewhere else. Has happened too many times where guys commit after their visit and never re-schedule here. Hope we still have a chance.

Cyclonefanwill3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 18, 2011
McKinley Wright will be visiting Dayton. I know he has previously visited Ames. But I don't like the fact that he just had to cancel his visit here, and is now going somewhere else. Has happened too many times where guys commit after their visit and never re-schedule here. Hope we still have a chance.

The way it sounds is Iowa State is the one who rescheduled the visit due to most of the players being gone.

HardcoreClone

Jul 28, 2006
The way it sounds is Iowa State is the one who rescheduled the visit due to most of the players being gone.

Right. For whatever reason the visits had to be cancelled for Wright (and Sims), it's not a good thing to be missing out on those chances to get some of your top targets to campus. Who knows if we will get another opportunity?

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Right. For whatever reason the visits had to be cancelled for Wright (and Sims), it's not a good thing to be missing out on those chances to get some of your top targets to campus. Who knows if we will get another opportunity?
It sounded like it was because most of our players were out of town, most at BDJ's celebration of life. I don't think we need to read into this situation too much just yet, now if it goes another month and nothing is set up still, then I'll begin to worry a bit.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Yeah I would say we will still get another visit from McKinley in the next month. If not, we're probably on the outside looking in.

He could fall in love with Dayton and never visit ISU if his visit goes really well.

I agree with Hardcore that canceling visits, even for very legit reasons isn't usually helpful.

He only has so many weekends available.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
I realize Dayton has been decent the past few seasons but there are scarier places he could visit before making it to Ames again. McKinley has seen Hilton during a big game, I think it was KU or OU.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Gopher reporter on Wright recruitment with the Dayton visit notice.

@GopherNow Dayton, Iowa St and Minnesota sound like they are at the top at the moment

I think ISU will get a visit soon. He should make his visits and decide on his best option and system for him. He likes ISU and already visited for a game this has an idea about the facilities. Next is to meet the team he'd be joining. Thus they should be around to practice and get a feel for. We shouldn't read too much into the visit being postponed.

jim4

Sep 27, 2014
I sure hope so. Love this guy's game and the fact he rebounds at a high level. Over 8 boards per game if I read correctly

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I like that Dayton is on his list. They are good at finding good guards. Archie and Prohm can't both be wrong on him :smile: