****Official Class of 2017 Recruiting Thread****

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Iowa State will get visits this Sunday from 2017 PG McKinley Wright and PF Jericho Sims. Both are big 2017 targets.

A little more on the Jericho visit. Wide range of visits planned for him this month.

@RyanJamesMN This is the Jericho ISU visit that was expected some time this month.Texas, Dayton also talked about for June visits

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
After reading the above it made me think a little about Xavier. Maybe its just me, and I wasn't paying attention to them in the past, but they sure are recruiting well and obviously are a top 25 team consistently, lately. I realize Cincinnati is probably easier to recruit to, but I just never thought Xavier would be in on such a quantity of good recruits.

Back to ISU... itching to hear some good news about pulling in some good 2017 recruits...but guessing even more patience will be needed. Man, what a huge importance it will have on Prohm's success in the future, tho.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Ideally we can land 1-2 HS kids this summer, and 2 more this fall (before the Nov signing period). That way half or more of our class is solidified and then we can turn our attention to the Juco/transfer markets for bolstering our roster.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
After reading the above it made me think a little about Xavier. Maybe its just me, and I wasn't paying attention to them in the past, but they sure are recruiting well and obviously are a top 25 team consistently, lately. I realize Cincinnati is probably easier to recruit to, but I just never thought Xavier would be in on such a quantity of good recruits.

Back to ISU... itching to hear some good news about pulling in some good 2017 recruits...but guessing even more patience will be needed. Man, what a huge importance it will have on Prohm's success in the future, tho.

They've been consistently good for an awfully long time.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Talk about things escalating with Ridder. That was a short recruiting endeavor for ISU.

@BSnowScout Xavier has landed a pledge from Jared Ridder

Inspired

Mar 18, 2012
Man, why can't we get any of those awesome kids from Cedar Rapids?

Obviously there aren't a lot of high major hoops prospects coming out of Iowa every year, but it really helps if an in-state program can land its share of the few. It puts a lot of pressure on any staff to have to rely almost exclusively on recruiting out of state.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Obviously there aren't a lot of high major hoops prospects coming out of Iowa every year, but it really helps if an in-state program can land its share of the few. It puts a lot of pressure on any staff to have to rely almost exclusively on recruiting out of state.

Agreed. Central Iowa only has good players when ISU is bad apparently.

It sure would be nice to have the wind at our backs occasionally with an in state player who is not a Hawk lean in hoops.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Talk about things escalating with Ridder. That was a short recruiting endeavor for ISU.

@BSnowScout Xavier has landed a pledge from Jared Ridder

No kidding. Guess getting the first visit can sometimes be in your favor.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
No kidding. Guess getting the first visit can sometimes be in your favor.

It's not shocking considering he was talking about committing sometime before the end of June and had only been to Xavier and Arkansas to date.

That's a pretty strong signal that he was leaning to Xavier in retrospect.

RedDog

Jan 28, 2014

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007

Help Support Us

Become a patron