Dear America - Iowa Doesn't Care What You Think

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
So let's get to it StickyMudd.

You going to bring some real, quality trolling and start the ban clock ticking or are you just going with the same ole hokeye recycled drivel?

This is getting boring and frankly, I am not sure that we care.

rickyrudd

Oct 10, 2010
Last I looked yes. That's the reason Iowa is a wrestling school as well

Are you comparing ISU basketball to Iowa wrestling. ISU basketball is not in the same universe.

However 1) Nobody cares about wrestling, nationally speaking.

and

2) ISU is a good basketball team. Not great, but good. Hoiberg had similar results to Steve Alford. A couple conference tournament trophies, no regular season championships. Some high rankings with bitter disappointment in the tournament. I guess if your comparison is your football team, then you are right. You are much better at basketball.

ISU42

Sep 21, 2009
First tweet I saw when I opened up my Twitter app this morning, which came from a Hawk fan:

"What time is Iowa State's bowl game today"

Nope, no way Iowa fans don't care about Iowa State's football situation. At all.

Maybe we have a mutual friend? The last few days I've seen several Hawk fans mention Iowa State. At the end of a great season and they still have their rival on their mind.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Are you comparing ISU basketball to Iowa wrestling. ISU basketball is not in the same universe.

and

2) ISU is a good basketball team. Not great, but good. Hoiberg had similar results to Steve Alford. A couple conference tournament trophies, no regular season championships. Some high rankings with bitter disappointment in the tournament. I guess if your comparison is your football team, then you are right. You are much better at basketball.

So ISU is a basketball school and Iowa is a wrestling school. Got it

Althetuna

Ducky was the best dog.
SuperFanatic
Jul 7, 2012
Somewhere in the Minneapolis Area

and

Things aren't going so well for Iowa's previous oppenents during bowl season.

MSU shutout
Pitt loses to Navy
Nothwestern getting destroyed by Tennessee right now.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Yeah, that's historically accurate. Although now, the CFP playoff is clearly the Pinnacle but the Rose Bowl is a great consolation prize.
so the NIT of football. Excellent analogy.

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
Things aren't going so well for Iowa's previous oppenents during bowl season.

MSU shutout
Pitt loses to Navy
Nothwestern getting destroyed by Tennessee right now.

Keep in mind that Stanford lost to that terrible Northwestern team. It's a coin flip in Pasadena today between two pretenders with lucky schedules.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa

ISU basketball under CFH is so much better than Iowa basketball under Steve, but nice try.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
If you really think that you have no idea what you are talking about. We are happy about both, but moreso the Rose Bowl.

Once and a while I find myself cheering for Iowa, and then people like you snap me back out of it. Biggest football game in the last 25 years for Iowa, and you have nothing better to do than go try to troll a rival. Pathetic.

Last edited:

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Once and a while I find myself cheering for Iowa, and then people like you snap me back out of it. Biggest football in the last 25 years for Iowa, and you have nothing better to do than go try to troll a rival. Pathetic.

Any of them posting here during the Rose Bowl need a ban hammer.

clonebb

Oct 23, 2015
Rudock is having a stellar game today.

i hope Stanford wins big.

oh and **** Iowa.