Dear America - Iowa Doesn't Care What You Think

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
"Do you like apples? How do you like them apples?" Was this written by a middle schooler?

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Their schedule is a joke. I positive Iowa State would be 5-2 if we had their schedule

Im not.

I give Iowa credit, they are getting the wins, regardless of schedule. We struggle to beat the teams we should. Do I think Iowa should get in the playoffs? Hell no, but I will give credit to their wins and they will go bowling.

cytheguy

May 23, 2006
Kirk Herstreit gave props to the author for this article and admitted he way underestimated Iowa. Puke.

And we'd be 5-2 with Iowa's schedule? No way. I'd say 3-4 at best, with wins against Illinois State, North Texas and maybe Illinois.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Didn't read but Iowa should play someone with a pulse before they start clamoring for respect. Congrats to being 7-0. Even with an easy schedule that is pretty awesome but before you start crying about national attention, try beating somebody who is actually good in your conference (Michigan, Green Michigan, Ohio State).

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Better beat that strength of schedule drum now because its going to nose dive, while all of those other schools mentioned will increase.

It's been an excellent start for Iowa but neither of their "Top 25 wins" will be that way when the season is (outside shot Wisc sneaks in). Pitt won't finish there either. When you have to use "former" top 25 teams as signature wins, you know your schedule is bad.

And it gets worse. Iowa has more conference wins (3) than the rest of the teams on their schedule COMBINED (2)! How is that even possible?

That said, its not their fault their schedule is awful.

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
So you don't care that America apparently doesn't care about Iowa? What better way to show you don't care than to take the time to write a lengthy article about the subject.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
lol "Iowa doesn't care what you think" proceeds to write an article having to defend themselves.

Classic Jon Miller whining.

Last edited by a moderator:

ISU42

Sep 21, 2009
Their schedule is a joke. I positive Iowa State would be 5-2 if we had their schedule

We would probably compete better in the Big 10, but I'm not sure we would have any more wins. Iowa seems to know how to win close games while we figure out ways to lose close games.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Im not.

I give Iowa credit, they are getting the wins, regardless of schedule. We struggle to beat the teams we should. Do I think Iowa should get in the playoffs? Hell no, but I will give credit to their wins and they will go bowling.

Which teams are those? We beat the two teams we should have. The other 4 have 2 combined losses, both to Top 5 teams.

Part of our problem this year is that we don't play any mediocre teams, so we can't judge how mediocre we are. KU and UNI are bad. Everyone else is good to really really good.

roundball

Dec 8, 2013
Iowa City area
Which teams are those? We beat the two teams we should have. The other 4 have 2 combined losses, both to Top 5 teams.

Part of our problem this year is that we don't play any mediocre teams, so we can't judge how mediocre we are. KU and UNI are bad. Everyone else is good to really really good.

Why are you looking at this as a one-year problem? This has persisted for a lot longer than just this season.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010

Texas Tech is mediocre, K-State is mediocre, West Virginia is mediocre, Texas is mediocre, Oklahoma St may be too. We play plenty of mediocre teams.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
The nation will have its eyes on historic Kinnick Stadium the rest of the way out. Especially the farmers. Things getting interesting.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron