Dear America - Iowa Doesn't Care What You Think

rickyrudd

Oct 10, 2010
So what is the hok line after the game today:

They win - CFP selection process is a travesty, performance of MSU highlights that the better team did not win the B1G championship, yada, yada, yada

They lose - Fire Ferentz? Stanfords Super Bowl? Too beat up from rigorous B1G schedule? Still own the state of Iowa?

Every Iowa fan I know is content with the decision to leave us out. We knew we had to win the game in Indy to be in. If we win the story will be that we have proven we are a top level team and deserve to be among the elite.

If we lose, it was a great season, Kirk did a great job, and it's still great to be a Hawkeye.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Every Iowa fan I know is content with the decision to leave us out. We knew we had to win the game in Indy to be in. If we win the story will be that we have proven we are a top level team and deserve to be among the elite.

If we lose, it was a great season, Kirk did a great job, and it's still great to be a Hawkeye.

Nice Story, same coming from every hok fan now.

Lets see how it looks after the game

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
If you really think that you have no idea what you are talking about. We are happy about both, but moreso the Rose Bowl.

First tweet I saw when I opened up my Twitter app this morning, which came from a Hawk fan:

"What time is Iowa State's bowl game today"

Nope, no way Iowa fans don't care about Iowa State's football situation. At all.

rickyrudd

Oct 10, 2010
First tweet I saw when I opened up my Twitter app this morning, which came from a Hawk fan:

Nope, no way Iowa fans don't care about Iowa State's football situation. At all.

I never said we didn't care. It's very enjoyable. But we care a lot more about our own situation.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO

Which brings us back to the thread title - "Iowa Doesn't Care What you Think". Yea right, so let's spend the day trolling one of the least successful CFB programs in the country?

Has to be the most insecure fan base out there.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
So what is the hok line after the game........

They lose - Fire Ferentz? Stanfords Super Bowl? ...

Can't use that one- Herbie told us this morning on ESPN that the Rose Bowl is the Super Bowl for midwestern teams.

rickyrudd

Oct 10, 2010
Can't use that one- Herbie told us this morning on ESPN that the Rose Bowl is the Super Bowl for midwestern teams.

Yeah, that's historically accurate. Although now, the CFP playoff is clearly the Pinnacle but the Rose Bowl is a great consolation prize.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Even though Iowa doesn't care what America thinks- please Al Roker, don't call them the Iowa State Hawkeyes during the Rose Bowl Parade. They might start sending you hateful tweets. LOL.