SI reporting ISU working on deal with Campbell

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
For those of you ******** about Pollard not keeping it quiet, when Pollard was involved the coaching searches were kept quiet (McDermott, Chizik,Rhoads, Fred), when Leath has stuck his nose in it names have gotten out (this search, Prohm). You all seem to think Leath is the best thing that has happened to Iowa State athletics, this is what you are going to get when more people know what is going on.

Sure, it's all Leath. Nothing to do with the Twitter age and the fact that everyone who hears anything can leak it easily to a reporter-turned-blogger with no risk of anonymity being lost.

It's not 2008 anymore when ISU hired Rhoads and every coaching search nationwide will and has had these types of "leaks" from one side or the other. We don't even know if this is Campbell's side leaking or not.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Are some people here that naive to think that the leak came from our side only? There is a psossibility that his agent also "leaked" this to press Mizzou (or other schools) to make better offer

EXACTLY. That crap happens all of the time.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
Whoops, could be a bidding war?

CU7i6bYUEAAGQNl.png:large

Smh.

DrClone

Jun 13, 2009
According to USA Today Rhoads had a better record at ISU than I realized "If he becomes Iowa State's head coach, he will take one of the most difficult jobs in the Big 12. Paul Rhoads, the Cyclones' outgoing head coach, went 35-24 in seven seasons in Ames.

Cyclonick182

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando, FL
Sure, it's all Leath. Nothing to do with the Twitter age and the fact that everyone who hears anything can leak it easily to a reporter-turned-blogger with no risk of anonymity being lost.

It's not 2008 anymore when ISU hired Rhoads and every coaching search nationwide will and has had these types of "leaks" from one side or the other. We don't even know if this is Campbell's side leaking or not.

You're only hurting your own mental health arguing with that debbie downer troll.

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
1. If it is the Toledo coach, I like it. He's the one that I wanted.

2. For those of you ******** about Pollard not keeping it quiet, when Pollard was involved the coaching searches were kept quiet (McDermott, Chizik,Rhoads, Fred), when Leath has stuck his nose in it names have gotten out (this search, Prohm). You all seem to think Leath is the best thing that has happened to Iowa State athletics, this is what you are going to get when more people know what is going on.

3. I wouldn't necessarily believe that Iowa State has cancelled other interviews.

You are seriously the worst. Worse than clonedude.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
2. For those of you ******** about Pollard not keeping it quiet, when Pollard was involved the coaching searches were kept quiet (McDermott, Chizik,Rhoads, Fred), when Leath has stuck his nose in it names have gotten out (this search, Prohm). You all seem to think Leath is the best thing that has happened to Iowa State athletics, this is what you are going to get when more people know what is going on.

Or it could just be that we're in an entirely different era as far as social media reporting goes. Twitter barely existed when Mcdermott and Chizik were hired, and was much, much smaller when Rhoads was hired. And fred was about a 1 day hire. Until Prohm we hadnt really had a hiring process exposed to this kind of scrutiny.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

Never said it was all Leath, but the last coaching search was run much differently than the other ones had been. That had to do with the search firm and Leath. I like the idea of the search firm, but things are going to leak out more.

And every ******* coach knows it is a coach's market this year. Why wouldn't their agents play schools against each other.

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
So Pollard is butt hurt about this getting out? If that's the case, he needs to get over himself. It was opening talked about in the locker room after the game that Campbell will be the next coach.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I feel a lot better if Toledo is our only competition. I just don't want to get into a bidding war with Missouri or even UCF for that matter. UCF might not be able to match our offer financially, but you'd sure have to like their warm weather and abundance of high school athletes if you were Matt Campbell.

Dr.bannedman

liberal
Aug 21, 2012
that island napoleon got sent to
1. If it is the Toledo coach, I like it. He's the one that I wanted.

3. I wouldn't necessarily believe that Iowa State has cancelled other interviews.

I CANT BELIEVE LEATH IS GONNA RUIN OUR HISTORIC PROGRAMS