Vasectomy

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
It seems to be a fairly common question with c sections. We got asked with all of them and i know others had the same thing happen. But agree it's a crazy time to ask but I understand why they do.

Yeah, mother00 had it done with my C-section...although I think it may have been asked ahead of time because it was scheduled.

Nycclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 24, 2010
Too lazy to read through this. So will just tell a story. My brother in law had one. About seven years later my sister/ his wife got pregnant. So he went back to the doctor and it turns out it healed itself. All I can say is be careful.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
It seems to be a fairly common question with c sections. We got asked with all of them and i know others had the same thing happen. But agree it's a crazy time to ask but I understand why they do.

I could see discussing it beforehand and possibly the day of before going into the OR. But on the table?

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Too lazy to read through this. So will just tell a story. My brother in law had one. About seven years later my sister/ his wife got pregnant. So he went back to the doctor and it turns out it healed itself. All I can say is be careful.

We had a missionary that our church supported that served in the Phillippines. He tells of having a vasectomy overseas, and then kid #5 came along. Of course, slightly different than your story, but I wouldn't be looking at something like that done in a foreign country.

Yes, he did have the procedure again when he returned to the States.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC

They get a paternity test on that kid?

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006

This is why my urologist still used the scapel tequnique. Not sure I understood the explanation, but he insisted it was less likely to reverse itself. Something about the newer procedures skipping steps that the older techniques do not. I wasn't about to argue with the man that was going to be holding a scapel on the boys.

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
I am just over 3 months post op. Still experience some soreness working out. Procedure itself was fine. I walked right out and drove home. Mistake was going to my daughter's track meet and watching on my feet that night. Could tell right away it was a mistake. Then SUnday I had to move some heavy stuff from my old office. I've talked to some guys that were fine and one guy in particular that was sore for a year. I just get caught in the wrong position every once in a while and remember what got done. You realize how many times you almost get hit in the boys by your kids in the days after..

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron