For thosewho watched the game...what happened on that last drive???!!!

NEIACyclone

Oct 25, 2012
After we tied it up at 45...what the heck happened to our defense??!!! 2 plays and a FG and the game is over!!!! Did we have bad mismatches where they had the advantage and out-schemed us? How can't we keep them I'm front of us??? I'm so mad...can't believe what happened

CycloneWanderer

Nov 4, 2007
Wandering
First play, the guy got behind our guy. Second play had decent coverage, just a good pass and the receiver did a good job using his body.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Brackins(Or I think it was him) let a Texas WR behind him for a huge gain. Then Tribune fell down on coverage and let Texas get to the 7(not that it mattered at that point anyways).

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
We played man coverage when we should have been in prevent and had a linebacker chasing Shipley on a wheel route.

the coaching move there made me speechless, to be nice about it.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
First play, two receivers on one side and the slot ran a wheel route (they crossed) which appeared to confuse Jared Brackens who had man coverage. The receiver (Shipley) had a couple steps on him and Swoopes got him the ball.

Didn't see the second play.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Texas receivers made big plays. The first was a wheel route that our corner took too aggressive of a line and the second was a sideline fade that Tribune had good position, but the receiver went up and got the ball.

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
Of all the freaking times we could pull it out, THAT was the one drive I wanted a prevent D. But naturally, we tried to play them straight up. Blows my mind why they do some of the things they do.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Of all the freaking times we could pull it out, THAT was the one drive I wanted a prevent D. But naturally, we tried to play them straight up. Blows my mind why they do some of the things they do.

Too much time for a prevent defense. They had 2 timeouts. I would have preferred to see more safety help rather than putting pressure on the QB, but we played man just like we were all game.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
We played man coverage when we should have been in prevent and had a linebacker chasing Shipley on a wheel route.

the coaching move there made me speechless, to be nice about it.

I disagree whole heartily here. Tied game, 30 seconds left and they had two timeouts. Prevent would not have been a good idea.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
I disagree whole heartily here. Tied game, 30 seconds left and they had two timeouts. Prevent would not have been a good idea.

22 seconds left.

So manning up a linebacker on their best receiver in that situation is a better plan? Ok.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Broke the cardinal rule. Don't let receivers get behind you in this situation. Everything in front of you.

We weren't playing that style of defense. It seemed Wally made a conscious choice not to play the prevent style, at least after Swoopes' run. When he got to the 40 with 0:14 left, Wally decided to force him to make a play or we'd go to OT. He made a play.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
We weren't playing that style of defense. It seemed Wally made a conscious choice not to play the prevent style, at least after Swoopes' run. When he got to the 40 with 0:14 left, Wally decided to force him to make a play or we'd go to OT. He made a play.

Which is odd because man defense against a running QB can be a disaster unless you have a spy.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron