O-Line Depth: How fragile are we?

mitya51

Oct 9, 2012
We lost Loth but have a capable backup in Lalk, so we hear. We lost Campos. Things look pretty sparse. Looks like most positions are running only 1 backup on the depth chart. I don't know anything about the up-and-comers on the O-Line. My question, how many O-Line injuries will it take this year for us to be back where we were last year with no pass protection (and me just golfing most Saturdays)? Are things as sparse as they look on the Depth Chart?

As we all know, with our stellar receivers it will be so heartbreaking to not have a competent O-Line. Oh man I can barely stomach the thought.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Typically you want the same five guys to play the whole time anyways. A lot of good teams just use a swing OT that plays either spot in case of injury and same with OG. Obviously the more the better, but I'd say we are in good shape for depth. Every team would be in trouble if they were relying on their 10th+ OL.

mitya51

Oct 9, 2012
not a troll just maybe displaying my lack of football knowledge here. Sorry everyone, I thought Campos was injured and was redshirting. will try to figure out where I got that from. SORRY!

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
OL depth is better than it has been in a long time. Backups like Lalk played and started last season. Dunning saw time, and Campos is talented. Any word on Taiese, is he looking like a solid backup?

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Every team would be in trouble if they were relying on their 10th+ OL.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, this is exactly where ISU was at last year, and exactly why I expect this year to be completely different as long as there is not another rash of injuries.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Any word on Taiese, is he looking like a solid backup?[/QUOTE]

I would like to know what kind of Fall camp he had also. He looks like a real mauler in his video.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
OL depth is better than it has been in a long time. Backups like Lalk played and started last season. Dunning saw time, and Campos is talented. Any word on Taiese, is he looking like a solid backup?

Yeah, a lot of the guys there have seen time and if they haven't, they are pushing guys that have. I'm not too worried about it until a bunch of injuries come along. My guess on Taiese is a redshirt because I think he could be really good in the future. Perhaps a starter next year with maybe Omoile sliding to center or something.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
When did Campos get hurt!!!? Wtf. Learn your team before you post crap like that.

Oline depth IMO is fine, prob deepest unit next to WR. Although it's hard to tell if they are really big 12 ready backups

MaccloNe

Sep 21, 2011
Only recent injury and talk of possible redshirt was Luna, at DE. So honest mistake since both names end in a vowel or a troll?

MaccloNe

Sep 21, 2011
not a troll just maybe displaying my lack of football knowledge here. Sorry everyone, I thought Campos was injured and was redshirting. will try to figure out where I got that from. SORRY!

One sorry is not enough for posting crap like this. Try again.

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA
We lost Loth but have a capable backup in Lalk, so we hear. We lost Campos. Things look pretty sparse. Looks like most positions are running only 1 backup on the depth chart. I don't know anything about the up-and-comers on the O-Line. My question, how many O-Line injuries will it take this year for us to be back where we were last year with no pass protection (and me just golfing most Saturdays)? Are things as sparse as they look on the Depth Chart?

As we all know, with our stellar receivers it will be so heartbreaking to not have a competent O-Line. Oh man I can barely stomach the thought.

Last year Lalk actually slide over to center when Farniok got hurt and took snaps there ahead of Loth. It's too bad Loth got hurt, but the only way he would have played is if both Farniok and one of the starting guards went down, and even then I'm not so sure depending on how Taiese has come along.

Last edited:

Cy Hard

Jan 5, 2008
Polka City
Yes, the season is starting soon, Mtya51 doing his best to try and get a rise out of all. If I'm certain of one thing, it's he/she doesn't give a rip about the Cyclones.

Help Support Us

Become a patron