Starting QB

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
ISU football: where you take in a bunch of guys to help the weak defensive line depth only to have two of them have to redshirt because of significant injuries.

Oct 10, 2012
Des Moines
To me this means Rohach blew his chance and looks like he isn't ready and is still far away from being a full time Big 12 starter.

Richardson was sort of the ideal backup since he is experienced and a dual threat and would have been a good safety net to have if Rohach struggled.

But yeah, if the younger guy with the higher ceiling couldn't out right win the job, than the coaching staff made a good move going with Richardson.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Other quick notes:

@Trey_Scott3: Allen Lazard and Colin Downing only true frosh set to play. Redshirt likely for Gabe Luna. Meyers & Morrissey starting DE

Good. If development is such a huge part of building the program then they have to burn as few redshirts as possible and let these guys put in a year of S & C whenever possible.

StratCY

Apr 22, 2011
Austin, TX
Excited for Sam, I definitely thought he was the most electric last year. Let's hope he can go out and win us some games! (With the help of a healthy Oline, dynamic running backs, a deep WR group, and the best TE in the BXII!)

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
To me this means Rohach blew his chance and looks like he isn't ready and is still far away from being a full time Big 12 starter.

Richardson was sort of the ideal backup since he is experienced and a dual threat and would have been a good safety net to have if Rohach struggled.

But yeah, if the younger guy with the higher ceiling couldn't out right win the job, than the coaching staff made a good move going with Richardson.

I'll disagree. My take from coaching staff's quotes about the QB competition was that Richardson just made huge strides over the summer. Rohach didn't really do anything to lose the job; there was a competition and Sam just ultimately showed more progress. Look at it as an endorsement of Sam, not an indictment of Rohach.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

Im hopeful that you are wrong. A healthy Sam has always been a good qb. I thought he was good against Tulsa and Texas and that was probably as close to healthy as he has been.

I i think this is good news.

im4isu

Apr 11, 2007
New Haven
I i think this is good news.[/QUOTE]

In other words, CPR loves Rohach, He's just not "in love" with Rohach.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Glad to see it was Sam, as he looks like he brings a little more mobility to the position than Grant. Still not real happy with the way they left Sam out there to be hammered on last year when it was clear he was really hurting. Maybe Grant was hurt or just not ready, but it was painful to see Sam out there hobbling around last year. Hopefully ISU is now to the point where there is at least an option in case the starter gets hurt.

snowcraig2.0

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA

Didn't take long for the fist stupid post.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Glad to see it was Sam, as he looks like he brings a little more mobility to the position than Grant. Still not real happy with the way they left Sam out there to be hammered on last year when it was clear he was really hurting. Maybe Grant was hurt or just not ready, but it was painful to see Sam out there hobbling around last year. Hopefully ISU is now to the point where there is at least an option in case the starter gets hurt.[/QUOTE]

Well, we have two guys with a couple starts to their name. I sincerely hope Sam stays healthy and puts a death grip on the starting job, but if things don't go well it's a plus to have an experienced backup option.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa

According to who? I'll never fully understand the "higher ceiling" argument.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron