Camp Notes

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Re: Less than 48 hours to Camp

Who might change positions for this season for the good of the team, even if it means playing both ways? The defense needs depth at DT and LB, while the offense, IMO, lacks a sure thing, short yardage RB.

If it were up to me, I'd move Lazard and Lanning to LB, and Campos to DT. These are Iowa natives sure to play with their hair on fire in Iowa City. They could return to offense next year, all the wiser about how to break down a defense. Why should they ride the pine with the defense so short handed?

And how about handing the ball to Corey Morrissey for a sure 1st down on 3rd or 4th and short? He led his HS team in rushing his senior season so would know all about how to keep it North and South.

Did you intend to post this in the Dustin Johnson cocaine thread?

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas

Who might change positions for this season for the good of the team, even if it means playing both ways? The defense needs depth at DT and LB, while the offense, IMO, lacks a sure thing, short yardage RB.

If it were up to me, I'd move Lazard and Lanning to LB, and Campos to DT. These are Iowa natives sure to play with their hair on fire in Iowa City. They could return to offense next year, all the wiser about how to break down a defense. Why should they ride the pine with the defense so short handed?

And how about handing the ball to Corey Morrissey for a sure 1st down on 3rd or 4th and short? He led his HS team in rushing his senior season so would know all about how to keep it North and South.

I feel like my knowledge of football just regressed 10 fold reading this.

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA

Step 1: get top recruit in school history with real NFL potential at his current position.

Step 2: move him to a position he's never played before.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO

Step 1: get top recruit in school history with real NFL potential at his current position.

Step 2: move him to a position he's never played before.

guinness-brilliant.jpeg

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011

50-cent-laugh.gif

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

Taylor came in with Pierson. They are both on campus and accounted for.

http://amestrib.com/sports/football-pierson-taylor-report-camp

Let's hope their academics are in order and they are able to start practice tomorrow. It sounds like in that article that it's still up in there about their academic situations.

They cannot afford to miss any more time than they already have. This unfortunately is the risk you run with JUCO's, but somehow KSU brings in a ton of JUCO's every year and they all seem to qualify.

BigLame

Feb 6, 2008
Western IA

This has to be on purpose & if so is hilarious.

If not, then you are stupid on the level of Section 110.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver

Agree...i see Syria not redshirting. Mangino loves big, strong rb's. Hence the Ozigbo commit. We are going away from the quicker/slasher type rb's and I'm ok with that. Especially in the red zone. Will be nice to see a little smash mouth fball near the goal line as opposed to the stupid shotgun zone read when we are on the 3yd line.

Unless Syria is a special player, I gotta think Rob Standard will run with that big RB job.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center

Let's hope their academics are in order and they are able to start practice tomorrow. It sounds like in that article that it's still up in there about their academic situations.

They cannot afford to miss any more time than they already have. This unfortunately is the risk you run with JUCO's, but somehow KSU brings in a ton of JUCO's every year and they all seem to qualify.

Im sure this has something to do with how JUCOs are always going to KSU

Capture.PNG

KLP630

Sep 6, 2013

Mike Johnson- not on roster. Grayshirt or non qualifier ? Anyone know? Thanks

Section110

Apr 4, 2014

Cam Aka emerge at DT, along with Trent, Taylor, Garcia? Will Pierson play 2 roles as a Rush DE and split time at DT somehow, or will he need to?

Can OL get back to a more simplified zone scheme (like before Klenakis) and stay healthy? React and not think.

We have as much talent at QB and WR as I can remember in a long time (depth included). Will the OL give the backs time to do their job and open running lanes for our RB's to keep defenses off balance? The OL have to develop in run blocking and pass blocking, not just one or the other. It's really all about the OL. If they develop, so will our QB's and WR's. Just that simple.

I can remember this being said by Cyclone fans virtually every year for the past decade. How many Cyclone QB's in the past decade have outperformed their hype?

Keep in mind Seneca and Sage do not fall into the "past decade" category any longer.

I'm talking about QB's only by the way. I would agree that this is probably the most talented group of WR's ISU has had although they still have to go out and prove that.

Last edited:

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009

Pierson and Taylor "good to go" per Trey Scout, thats huge.

boyd

Feb 19, 2012

Don't agree with most, but Morrissey and Campos are STUDS and could probably do it.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron