Calvin Godfrey

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Speaking of Texas Tech, I must be the only one who doesn't think they're going to suck. Tubby is a decent coach, and they have some talent on that team. Crockett, Colbert(?), huge post player whose name I can't remember. I don't know why, but I don't think they're going to be horrible. Agree their crowd size might be dismal.

They are bad. I watch parts of a couple of their games and I see very little improvement. They don't have that tiny white flopper out there but still bottom 3 bad.

royhobbs09

Apr 11, 2006
Same here. I was confused why Godfrey got kicked out but Railey didn't.

My understanding was that school policy for 3 drug violations (even if only ganja violations) required him to be let go. Coming from the NBA, I doubt Fred would have believed that weed alone was a walking papers offense. Honestly though, if Godfrey couldn't stay away after the first 2 offenses, that is on him and he's left playing in front of hundreds at Southern now instead of in front of thousands at ISU.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I think I said this last thread on him, but I hope he gets things straightened out and does well for himself :yes:

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
Calvin+Godfrey+Southern+v+Marquette+l4eRdEQthlhl.jpg

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
I always liked him here in Ames and am glad to see him doing well down there.

I thought he really had a chance to be that Homan-esque enforcer we'd been missing for years.

No doubt. He was really a banger down low, and teamed up with Babb last year would have allowed the Clones to really go to a physical style on D occasionally. I remember he was also pretty decent on bodying up under the glass, and getting the finger put back on a rebound for a score.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
6'9'' and 210...couldn't have been that size when he was here. He was a tub-a-baby-fat

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
6'9'' and 210...couldn't have been that size when he was here. He was a tub-a-baby-fat

He was not at all fat when he was here. He had a wide frame, but fairly lean. He was listed at 6'8" when he was here, from what I recall.

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
I remember how excited for ISU's basketball future I was when he started really coming on at the end of his final season...And how crushed I was when he got booted off the team. When Godfrey left, he took my my last shed of hope from the McD era with him. What an idiot.

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Godfrey didn't play for McD, he played for Fred.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
But apparently there is room for players like Railey who drink (underage) and drive, then flip their car. And start drunken fights with teammates. Never understood that.

I know that there's an unspoken agreement on CycloneFanatic.com that we're all supposed to hate Jordan Railey and wish a torn ACL on him after he transferred out, but that was two years ago now. Let it go...

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
hmm... Guess Calvin may not get his return trip to Hilton with Southern (though he could get a chance with one of ISU others opponent possibly).
He did have a high major game, curious to see where he ends up.

Jeff Goodman@GoodmanESPN27 minsCalvin Godfrey has received his release from Southern U. Talented and will be eligible this season. 13.1 ppg, 8.8 rpg. High-majors involved.

Last edited:

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
hmm... Guess Calvin may not get his return trip to Hilton with Southern (though he could get a chance with one of ISU others opponent possibly).
He did have a high major game, curious to see where he ends up.

Jeff Goodman@GoodmanESPN27 minsCalvin Godfrey has received his release from Southern U. Talented and will be eligible this season. 13.1 ppg, 8.8 rpg. High-majors involved.

Sounds like he would be a great pickup as a bench and rotational post guy (or maybe even a starter) for a lot of programs this late in the game. Remember, he played good minutes for us as a true freshman, and I knew he had a lot of potential. He did start over Melvin for a brief period, though before he really blossomed, so the potential was definitely there if he stayed on our roster and, evidently, elsewhere.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron