LeBron Skill Academy

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Before you ask anyone a question, you should ask yourself "Has this person probably been asked this question like a million times before?" If the answer is yes, don't ask.

Maybe he should hand out a list of new questions to the media.

sadam

Jan 8, 2014
I believe in another thread Georges mom said they know this "wu" fella personally and like him. I honestly didn't think it was horrible interview. But what do I know, I'm the one that thinks Georges is an elite ball player while Aaron white is not. Apparently to some people that's complete stupidity.

CyHawk7

Aug 14, 2013
Michael Jordan has sucked at evaluating talent from Day One in Charlotte. Not saying White does or doesn't belong at these camps, but LBJ and Durant's abilities as a player aren't indicative of their ability to judge talent.

LOL!! You honestly think that Durant and LeBron choose the players for their camps?

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I didn't think it was a bad interview at all. Even the Nerlins Noel question. You've got to remember that Niang and Noel are friends and probably still keep in touch. Not sure what others are seeing that makes them think it was a butchered interview. Probably better than the majority of interviews Georges does.

CyKings

Jun 5, 2013
Kansas City, KS
I didn't think it was a bad interview at all. Even the Nerlins Noel question. You've got to remember that Niang and Noel are friends and probably still keep in touch. Not sure what others are seeing that makes them think it was a butchered interview. Probably better than the majority of interviews Georges does.

Were you drunk when you watched the interview? Niang did fine, the interviewer was the problem... he probably said "Um" about 100 times, which is the 1st rule of not to do's when giving a speech, much less an interview. It literally looked like the guy holding the interview had the skills of an 8th grader in terms of interview.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Were you drunk when you watched the interview? Niang did fine, the interviewer was the problem... he probably said "Um" about 100 times, which is the 1st rule of not to do's when giving a speech, much less an interview. It literally looked like the guy holding the interview had the skills of an 8th grader in terms of interview.
nah it was a pretty informal ordeal. Nothing wrong with it at all, he actually asked some interesting questions.

Amesboy

Feb 25, 2012
TOP 10 COLLEGE BIG MEN

THE NIKE BIGS ACADEMY WILL FEATURE NBA SUPERSTARS ANTHONY DAVIS AND DEMARCUS COUSINS, INSTRUCTING THE UP AND COMING HIGH SCHOOL AND COLLEGIATE PLAYERS FROM AROUND THE COUNTRY. OVER THE COURSE OF TWO AND HALF DAYS, PLAYERS WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO HONE THEIR SKILLS AT THEIR RESPECTIVE POSITIONS WHILE BEING TUTORED BY NOT ONLY CURRENT NBA PLAYERS, BUT NBA COACHES AS WELL. THE TOP 20 HIGH SCHOOL AND TOP 10 COLLEGIATE BIG MEN WILL CONVENE IN NEW JERSEY IN JUNE 2014.

http://www.nikeeyb.com/page/show/1140923-june-23-25-big-man-2014-?subseason=150585

Roster.jpg

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
It will be an absolute waste of Niang's time if they're inviting bozos like White from Iowa.

That's a ridiculous statement. What in the world does White's presence have to do with what Georges gets out of the experience? In addition to improving his skills, as well as confidence, going to his second such event only increases his visibility nationally which will only help his chances of reaching All-American status.

cloneraslin

Apr 11, 2006
Looks like Niang measured in at 6-8, 235 lbs. That's a good weight for him, hope he can stay that lean.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
If this event is July 9-12, then Georges will miss the opening games of the CCL playoff. The question... is Georges' team one of the top 2 teams to get a bye. Even then, the semi-finals and championship is on the 13th, would he be back to play?

ISU42

Sep 21, 2009
I've always thought Niang was quite noticeably taller than Ejim.

http://imgur.com/4vyojMg

I wouldn't be surprised by 6'8".

This is from last year.

http://imgur.com/asweLee

I realized Booker is farther away, but Niang looks closer to Booker's 6'9" then Ejim's 6'6".

I'm just basing it off that he's been listed at 6-7 forever. Let's not get the height comparisons going. Someone will pop into this thread shortly that's for sure 6-4 and they stood next to Niang at the bus stop and Georges couldn't have been more than 2" taller than them.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
If this event is July 9-12, then Georges will miss the opening games of the CCL playoff. The question... is Georges' team one of the top 2 teams to get a bye. Even then, the semi-finals and championship is on the 13th, would he be back to play?

I'm going to venture a guess that he's not all too concerned about the CCL playoffs.

tec71

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, Iowa
While any positive pub he can get is great, I question the value of these things other than just sharpening the knife against better and better opponents. Isn't it obvious that Georges skills are ridiculously better than most. I mean they can't teach him to be 6' 10" or have a 42" vertical. He can certainly teach some of them some post moves including I dare say some of the pros.

Reactions: algonacy

twocoach

Jan 13, 2014
Omaha
While any positive pub he can get is great, I question the value of these things other than just sharpening the knife against better and better opponents. Isn't it obvious that Georges skills are ridiculously better than most. I mean they can't teach him to be 6' 10" or have a 42" vertical. He can certainly teach some of them some post moves including I dare say some of the pros.

Wow, just wow.

CyclOwnd

Dec 11, 2013

It will be an absolute waste of Niang's time if they're inviting bozos like White from Iowa.

this thread is starting to fill with noobs

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron