LeBron Skill Academy

twocoach

Jan 13, 2014
Omaha
More "expert" love for Georges. This one has nothing to do with his verticle or weight loss. Great to see that GN is taking advantage of his opportunity and showing off his complete game (not to say that Seth wasn't aware of him before.) @SethOnHoops: @GeorgesNiang20 might be the best passer at the LBJ camp. @CycloneMBB
That's very good news for ISU fans with the number of scorers ISU will have on the floor around Niang. With a bigger player next to Niang on the floor, he likely won't be getting covered on defense by the opposition's center any more so he'll have a little quicker defender checking him. He'll need to be a good passer because it will be a little tougher to beat his guy off the dribble from the perimeter than it was last year.

twocoach

Jan 13, 2014
Omaha
I won't quote tuco's post but I want to acknowledge something. Let's look at the teams seeded 1-10 in each respective region because, let's be real, those are the only teams with a chance of winning it all. One person gets 7, 8, even 10 teams. The other person gets the rest. Would you say there is a 50-50 shot at each person winning?
Depends on which teams each group gets. If you give all the #1 seeds, all the number #2 seeds and the two hottest #3 seed to one group then no, probably not. Just let it go. this horse is dead.

BeachAve

Apr 22, 2014
So is the Skills Academy being held in Miami, or Cleveland now?

Is it a foregone conclusion that Lebron camper Aaron White will be drafted by Cleveland in 2015?

With a trade for Kevin Love--what an amazing core they'll have in 2015-16

Love
Lebron
Aaron White
Andrew Wiggins

WhatchaGonnaDo

Jun 28, 2011
Is it a foregone conclusion that Lebron camper Aaron White will be drafted by Cleveland in 2015?

With a trade for Kevin Love--what an amazing core they'll have in 2015-16

Love
Lebron
Aaron White
Andrew Wiggins
So you're assuming that Cleveland gets the number one pick AGAIN?

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I think we need to coin a new phrase for Niang's jumping ability: "horizontal leap!"

He accomplishes so much as he maneuvers horizontally for his shots.

[Don't bother with the traveling conversation . . . the point is that he accomplishes a ton on his lateral moves]

Cydar

Apr 2, 2006
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...-lead-list-of-guys-with-bigger-roles-in-14-15

Says Niang was playing at about 250 lbs toward the end of the season before breaking his foot.

“I try not to think about it a lot. It was real frustrating, whenever you have to sit there and watch, and you can't do anything,” Niang said. “I try to take a positive out of everything. I was taking things for granted; I wouldn't be as apt to work out as much. With breaking my foot, I made a promise to myself – this can be taken away in the blink of an eye. I found a newfound love for the game.”

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
For those complaining about the fouls. Niang would pick up, I think they were a combination of him playing out of position (he should really be a 4 on defense, not a 5) and honestly probably just being tired from running up and down the court. Despite being in better shape last year over his freshman year, he still would get gassed at times in games.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
For those complaining about the fouls. Niang would pick up, I think they were a combination of him playing out of position (he should really be a 4 on defense, not a 5) and honestly probably just being tired from running up and down the court. Despite being in better shape last year over his freshman year, he still would get gassed at times in games.

I don't buy the "get gassed at times" opinion. I think this is just another way of saying "he doesn't look very athletic." He may look "gassed" at times, but Niang made way too many clutch shots at the end of games that I don't think he could have made if he was "gassed."

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
What is with 8 NCAA coaches having so much access to these premier players?

http://www.nikeeyb.com/page/show/1140928-july-9-12-lebron-james-2014-

THE LEBRON JAMES SKILLS ACADEMY WILL FEATURE THE TOP 80 HIGH SCHOOL AND TOP 30 COLLEGIATE PLAYERS FROM AROUND THE COUNTRY DURING THE FIRST NCAA LIVE PERIOD, JULY 9-12 IN LAS VEGAS, NV. PLAYERS WILL HAVE FOUR DAYS OF COMPETITIVE SKILLS WORKOUTS AND 5-ON-5 GAMES IN ORDER TO SHOWCASE THEIR SKILLS FOR THE NCAA COACHES AND NBA SCOUTS IN ATTENDANCE. PLAYERS WILL TAKE WHAT THEY LEARNED AT THE PREVIOUS SKILLS ACADEMIES AND IMPLEMENT THEM INTO A TEAM SETTING ON THE FLOOR.

Printable Workout Schedule

SCHEDULE

WEDNESDAY, JULY 9TH (MORNING SESSION OPEN TO NBA SCOUTS & MEDIA. NIGHT SESSION OPEN TO NCAA COACHES, NBA SCOUTS & MEDIA)
9:45-11:30 AM COLLEGE PLAYER WORKOUT (CLOSED TO NCAA COACHES)
11:00 AM-12:30 PM HS PLAYER WORKOUT (SKILLS & TEAM PRACTICES) (CLOSED TO NCAA COACHES)
5:30-7:15 PM COLLEGE PLAYER WORKOUT (INTERVIEWS FOLLOWING SESSION)
7:30 PM EVENING GAMES (INTERVIEWS FOLLOWING GAMES)
COURT 1 – MICHIGAN STATE VS. FLORIDA
COURT 2 – SYRACUSE VS. UCONN
COURT 3 – DUKE VS. UNC
COURT 4 – GEORGETOWN VS. KENTUCKY

THURSDAY, JULY 10TH (OPEN TO NCAA COACHES, NBA SCOUTS & MEDIA)
9:00-10:45 AM HIGH SCHOOL PLAYER WORKOUT (INTERVIEWS FOLLOWING SESSION)
10:15 AM-12:00 PM COLLEGE PLAYER WORKOUT (INTERVIEWS FOLLOWING SESSION)
2:30 PM AFTERNOON GAMES (INTERVIEWS FOLLOWING GAMES)
COURT 1 – MICHIGAN STATE VS. SYRACUSE
COURT 2 – FLORIDA VS. UCONN
COURT 3 – DUKE VS. GEORGETOWN
COURT 4 – UNC VS. KENTUCKY
5:00-6:30 PM COLLEGE PLAYER WORKOUT (INTERVIEWS FOLLOWING SESSION)
7:00 PM EVENING GAMES (INTERVIEWS FOLLOWING GAMES)
COURT 1 – KENTUCKY VS. DUKE
COURT 2 – UNC VS. GEORGETOWN
COURT 3 – UCONN VS. MICHIGAN STATE
COURT 4 – SYRACUSE VS. FLORIDA

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I don't buy the "get gassed at times" opinion. I think this is just another way of saying "he doesn't look very athletic." He may look "gassed" at times, but Niang made way too many clutch shots at the end of games that I don't think he could have made if he was "gassed."

He was absolutely clutch, but you're fooling yourself if you don't think there were times in games where he was sucking wind getting back down the court. Being gassed doesn't mean it has to be at an end of half. With our fast offense, there can be stretches for a big that if they're running up and down the court nonstop for 8 minutes they can be exhausted.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
@franfraschilla: KU's Perry Ellis and Iowa State's Georges Niang had great weeks at LeBron's. The perfect college players who are effective for 4 years.

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
Wait no mention of Aaron White? come on, these analysts don't know talent when they see it apparently. Insert jimlad here >>>> <<<<

Someone must have listened to your request, because the espn article had a mention of him at the bottom. At least I think it was that one if memory serves me correctly. Not that it matters.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron