Any Recently Divorced CF'ers?

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
After years of issues and months of agonizing I think I've reached "that point". I've visited with two attorneys and the only thing left is to just do it. Anybody else out there gone through this recently or pondering the same?

Reactions: CycloneYoda

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
From the other threads you have mentioned her in (though I don't remember any recently) I would say just do it. Bite the bullet and do it

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
If she is a giant ***** I would do it.

Everyone who meets her for the first time thinks she's great. She's bubbly and energetic and very nice... to everyone else. I get the leftovers, the gossip, the nagging, etc. We've done counseling 9 years ago when we were in crisis and she stopped going because she decided she was out of crisis, and chose not to work on other personal issues that lead us there. She's saying she wants to go to counseling now, but I don't - I'm done. Just curious if others here have gone through it. A bit worried about the "next step".

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
My advice - don't go to the ******* internet for advice.

Why not? The internet is the greatest invention of all time. It is the only thing EVER created where you can instantly connect with MILLIONS of people from all walks of life, background, race, and countries in one place. Where are you going to get that type of information from just one person? NO WHERE but the internet.

In 2014 alone there will be an INCREASE of information of 200 exabytes over 2013. To put that in perspective that is more than all data that there was in 2010 available on the internet. In 2015 estimates are near 500 exabytes. 1 exabyte is over a BILLION gigabytes. It is estimated that the human brain is only roughly 1 terabyte large (1000 gigabytes). The internet just added a terabyte in the ten seconds it took me to write this sentence.

So if you don't go to the internet for advice, then I feel sorry for you.

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
If you have kids.....can you live with seeing them part time?

Maybe you should watch the Dexter series and learn some pointers

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
The dating pool will be small for you .... You will be dating other divorced women with kids. If you are that unhappy that you are willing to end it then good luck out there. Grass isn't always greener .....

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
Why not? The internet is the greatest invention of all time. It is the only thing EVER created where you can instantly connect with MILLIONS of people from all walks of life, background, race, and countries in one place. Where are you going to get that type of information from just one person? NO WHERE but the internet.

In 2014 alone there will be an INCREASE of information of 200 exabytes over 2013. To put that in perspective that is more than all data that there was in 2010 available on the internet. In 2015 estimates are near 500 exabytes. 1 exabyte is over a BILLION gigabytes. It is estimated that the human brain is only roughly 1 terabyte large (1000 gigabytes). The internet just added a terabyte in the ten seconds it took me to write this sentence.

Do you understand the difference between good information and the **** you get from the internet? If you don't, then I feel sorry for you.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
After years of issues and months of agonizing I think I've reached "that point". I've visited with two attorneys and the only thing left is to just do it. Anybody else out there gone through this recently or pondering the same?
Not recently, but been there done that. I am truly sorry you are to this point because I remember like it was yesterday. And I don't wish it on anyone. The entire process is a turd sandwich....and everyone but the attorneys have to take a bite! All I can say is keep your chin up and it might be some cold consulation because it was suppose to be for life....when a door closes....another opens. And that other door for me has been open going on 17 years with 3 beautiful daughters. So it is not the end of the world. Best of luck to you and yours.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Do you understand the difference between good information and the **** you get from the internet? If you don't, then I feel sorry for you.

Factor in the anonymity involved, too, where we can just provide anything and pretend it's advice.

To pile on, volume of information doesn't equate to quality. I feel sorry for people that can't figure that out.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL

Factor in the anonymity involved, too, where we can just provide anything and pretend it's advice.

To pile on, volume of information doesn't equate to quality. I feel sorry for people that can't figure that out.

Then why the hell are you on the internet then? Why even bother? You always have to sort through good and bad information no matter where you get it from.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
Everyone who meets her for the first time thinks she's great. She's bubbly and energetic and very nice... to everyone else. I get the leftovers, the gossip, the nagging, etc. We've done counseling 9 years ago when we were in crisis and she stopped going because she decided she was out of crisis, and chose not to work on other personal issues that lead us there. She's saying she wants to go to counseling now, but I don't - I'm done. Just curious if others here have gone through it. A bit worried about the "next step".

Personally, if she wants to go to counseling, I would do it, in part so you don't have "what ifs" to worry about. You could make it clear up front that you are at the point of wanting a divorce, but want to work it out (if you at all do). You've clearly been married a while, so this isn't the kind of thing that just suddenly disappears if you want out, especially if you have kids.

You obviously are approaching this fairly seriously, and have had enough, but I'd see what counseling does. You have nothing to lose if you go, but possibly a lot to gain. If that doesn't help, you are going to get a divorce, which you wanted anyway.

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
Then why the hell are you on the internet then? Why even bother? You always have to sort through good and bad information no matter where you get it from.

The internet serves certain purposes, this is not one of those purposes. It's not that difficult to understand. The next time you find yourself in a situation follow this basic rule:

You need tips on basic day to day activities? Go to the internet.

You need help with an issue of a personal nature? Find a damn friend.

MNCYWX

Feb 7, 2010
Med City, MN

Just because there's all this data being put on here. It doesn't mean it's worth a damn.

I'd venture a guess it's 90% x-rated stuff anyway.

Edit: I see this has already been touched on by others.

Last edited:

Help Support Us

Become a patron