Recruit Lists v2.0

iacyguy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 1, 2011
The Dirty Dodge
Or you could help a young man with no father make his way through some difficult and important and decisions. For free.

The real world isnt always sunshines and fairy dust. Many good men have done that for kids. But there is the other side too

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Speaking of recruits, a very recent video interview of Esa Ahmad indicates he's excited about a Mich & Mich State visit, but no mention of a visit to us. Doesn't sound promising considering "ISU is coming after me hard" in his words to a reporter at a much earlier event. Thought he might visit at that time, but doesn't appear that way as of now.

Well what was the question? Who was doing the interviewing?

andybernard

Oct 22, 2009
There are two sides to every coin. Lots of these kids A.) don't have a father-figure, B.) can't go through the rigors of high level recruitment without mentoring/ handling, or C.) a little of both.

That does not mean that sometimes the mentor/ handler isn't looking for some kind of favor/ compensation along the way. Afterall, this is high stakes.

I can say without a doubt that if I had a son who was being recruited by D1 programs - the recruitment would run [largely] through me. Now if I wasn't around... who would tell them 'Ole Roy is slime, and that Fred is the salt of the earth?

...I'm sure a bunch of you fools would volunteer... and you'd want somethin' out of it.

...even if it's a just couple of clone cones, or sittin' next to Carol at the games. Creeps...

That's 3 sides.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006

I like this part

"To prove to schools he's serious, and to attempt to filter out the coaches who simply tell him what he wants to hear, the elder Coffey is requesting game tape from as many contests from each school. He wants to see whether the program consistently plays big guards at the point guard and shooting guard positions -- he believes that if they don't, they won't change for Amir. He wants to see the coach's style -- he believes his son would best flourish in a freer, faster-paced offense. He wants to see how much a team moves the ball -- he believes his son's passing ability should be fully utilized. Those criteria are non-negotiable.
"If schools are considering him as a three, they're probably not going to make it too far in the process with us," Coffey said. "Because he's not a 3. The best part of Amir's game, to me, is something that can't really be taught: his ability to see the court.""

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I like this part

"To prove to schools he's serious, and to attempt to filter out the coaches who simply tell him what he wants to hear, the elder Coffey is requesting game tape from as many contests from each school. He wants to see whether the program consistently plays big guards at the point guard and shooting guard positions -- he believes that if they don't, they won't change for Amir. He wants to see the coach's style -- he believes his son would best flourish in a freer, faster-paced offense. He wants to see how much a team moves the ball -- he believes his son's passing ability should be fully utilized. Those criteria are non-negotiable.
"If schools are considering him as a three, they're probably not going to make it too far in the process with us," Coffey said. "Because he's not a 3. The best part of Amir's game, to me, is something that can't really be taught: his ability to see the court.""

Well I guess we're out of the running then, I think our games are probably all recorded digitally.

EYEoftheSTORM

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2009
Ames, Iowa
I like this part

Wait... Did Coffey's pops just describe DeAndre Kane?

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
And BDJ (6'-5") this coming year.

not to mention the amount of time Clyburn spent with the ball in his hands. I'm trying to think of all the guys Fred has allowed to bring the ball up court over the years. Royce, Chris Allen, Scottie, KL, Clyburn, Diante, Kane, Georges, Monte, etc. Fred has shown that he's willing to initiate the offense from a bunch of different spots. That's got to bode well for us when it comes to Coffey.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Royce White and Georges are big guys who have played point guard in stretches. Especially Royce. He's Exhibit 'A' of Fred utilizing an individual's talents to their fullest regardless of size.

And then throw in Will, Kane, and BDJ and it's a slam dunk if he likes everything else. Fred's offense will never be a concern for a recruit.

The Coffey's like Fred a lot per a report last year.

HoibergIsMyHero

Mar 15, 2014
not to mention the amount of time Clyburn spent with the ball in his hands. I'm trying to think of all the guys Fred has allowed to bring the ball up court over the years. Royce, Chris Allen, Scottie, KL, Clyburn, Diante, Kane, Georges, Monte, etc. Fred has shown that he's willing to initiate the offense from a bunch of different spots. That's got to bode well for us when it comes to Coffey.

Wasn't scottie playing point and we were really struggling?