Recruit Lists v2.0

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
Also with the amount of returning fire power we have in 2015-16, I think Fred will want at least 1 and possibly 2 transfers that have to sit out. That seems to be working very well. We have no immediate needs going into that year, so if nothing else, it helps you stockpile talent without trying to have to massage egos and give playing time just to keep people happy.

Think you hit the nail on the head here. It would almost make more sense to go after a couple guys that would have to sit out next year as PT is going to be limited.

CyKings

Jun 5, 2013
Kansas City, KS
Also with the amount of returning fire power we have in 2015-16, I think Fred will want at least 1 and possibly 2 transfers that have to sit out. That seems to be working very well. We have no immediate needs going into that year, so if nothing else, it helps you stockpile talent without trying to have to massage egos and give playing time just to keep people happy.

Not that anyone can do it, but I'm of the opinion we need to look for the next Niang. He's the one guy we couldn't replace on our roster from last year. I'm good with transfers who need to sit out a year if they have more than 1 year left, but I wouldn't mind getting that under-rated point forward out of high school again. Not sure we can find that anywhere, but that's what has me nervous when Niang is gone.

P.S. it's awesome that I can look 3 years ahead before I start getting nervous.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Not that anyone can do it, but I'm of the opinion we need to look for the next Niang. He's the one guy we couldn't replace on our roster from last year. I'm good with transfers who need to sit out a year if they have more than 1 year left, but I wouldn't mind getting that under-rated point forward out of high school again. Not sure we can find that anywhere, but that's what has me nervous when Niang is gone.

I think Ahmad is the next Niang

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
@TravisHines21: Miles Bridges is not expected to make a visit to Iowa State next weekend, per a source. Likely to happen in August.

sadam

Jan 8, 2014

I think that's like finding a needle in a haystack. I think Fred knew niang was special but I don't know if he knew he was going to be this special.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
@TravisHines21: Miles Bridges is not expected to make a visit to Iowa State next weekend, per a source. Likely to happen in August.

I hope it happens in August, because for some reason it seems like he's waiting for that Michigan/Mich St offer. But then why wouldn't he, he's from Michigan. And yes, I know the Grayer/Flint connection.

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Need some good news around here. A big signing of a top recruit to get us by til basketball season

Don't hold your breath. We are really only recruiting a small handful of highly sought after HS players, none of which appear to be on the verge of committing to us or anyone for that matter.

With no immediate holes in the roster for 2015, I'm not sure we'll land any of these 5-star type guys.

Instead, I think we will hit the juco and transfer markets in the Spring to fill the remaining two spots (and any other spots that pop up because of attrition).

I think Malik Dime might be our best option for a commit at this point, but I'm not sure the staff is really pushing it until they see where they stand with some of the guys like Diallo and Ellenson.