Confession....

HiltonSouth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 29, 2010
Kansas City
I have a confession to make.

I'd like to admit that I've watched this video, on completely cranked up, at least 1-2 times per week minimum since the end of the season and it still gives me goosebumps and brings tears to my eyes.

[video=youtube;MVImqe8GGbA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVImqe8GGbA[/video]

Such a magical season. Thank you Cyclone Nation! Can't wait for next year!

Clone1138

Apr 18, 2013
Central Iowa
You're not alone.

Just last night I rewatched the ISU/UNC game from the NCAA Tournament along with the last 10 minutes of the Michigan and Iowa games. What's awesome about that Michigan game is that it was the first big win for the team last season and I don't think anyone had any idea of the ride they were about to go on.

My new favorite moment from the game against North Carolina is when there's about 1:00 left in the game and Naz drains another 3 and the camera cuts to Roy Williams absolutely losing his *****.

cyinne

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2009
O-town, Iowa
I have a confession to make.

I'd like to admit that I've watched this video, on completely cranked up, at least 1-2 times per week minimum since the end of the season and it still gives me goosebumps and brings tears to my eyes.

[video=youtube;MVImqe8GGbA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVImqe8GGbA[/video]

Such a magical season. Thank you Cyclone Nation! Can't wait for next year!

Are you addicted to the thrill? Is it a dangerous love affair?

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Thank god for DVR. I can't get enough of watching the following games; Michigan, Iowa, Texas, Oklahoma State, the entire Big 12 tournament and North Carolina. I occasionally watch that Uconn game and just wonder what would have happened if Niles Griffey would have missed that three pointer with two minutes to go. So close. And the "Run this Town" video gets played 2-3 times a week for me, as well as the 5:30 minute season review video that Cyclones T.V. did.

TOFB4ISU

Nov 6, 2010
The QC
Thank god for DVR. I can't get enough of watching the following games; Michigan, Iowa, Texas, Oklahoma State, the entire Big 12 tournament and North Carolina. I occasionally watch that Uconn game and just wonder what would have happened if Niles Griffey would have missed that three pointer with two minutes to go. So close. And the "Run this Town" video gets played 2-3 times a week for me, as well as the 5:30 minute season review video that Cyclones T.V. did.
I can't get that out of my head. I think we keep momentum and win if it happened.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
The play at 1:02 is my favorite of the year.

Yes I know Naz bailed us out for crucial wins .... but the play at 1:02 is pure awesome and really shows me what that team was about ... closeness, in sync, team ball, confidence.

-keep

no2cyclones

Mariner Moose
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 26, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
While watching that video, I got to wondering... More or Less alley ooping next season?

MORE! LOTS MORE! (i wish). Seems like a lot of those alley oops were between Ejim and Kane so I would guess there will be less. But who knows!

I had the exact same thought about the oops in that video--a lot of them were Kane-to-Ejim. That being said, Monte Morris is only improving and there will be some more big goons to throw it into.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I had the exact same thought about the oops in that video--a lot of them were Kane-to-Ejim. That being said, Monte Morris is only improving and there will be some more big goons to throw it into.

I guess my definition of goon and yours are pretty different. I see a goon on the BB floor as a huge guy who doesn't necessarily have great athleticism or basketball skills but instead relies on his height, girth and aggressive play (id est fouling because "they can't call them all") to be successful. Does the ISU roster really have multiple big goons?

HiltonSouth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 29, 2010
Kansas City
I need a fresh pair of shorts everytime I watch at :38, it's my favorite play of the year. It was insane!

Help Support Us

Become a patron