Iowa State Cyclones

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I said this about our ladies today...but I firmly believe this applies across the board - especially in today's environment...with the coaches we have...

You can knock us down. You can look like you've beaten us. You can try to embarrass us too.

But when the chips are down...when our character is tested...

We.
Will.
Not.
Quit.

Win, lose or draw - you're going to get our best shot until there is no more time left.

Last edited:

rd4isu

Apr 11, 2006
I'm freaking out at work!!! People are looking at me rather strange. What a gutsy, gutsy performance today. Take note men. This was unbelievable!

cyismydog

Apr 13, 2006
:cry:Wow, 22, that brought tears to me. That speech might even trump al pacino's in any given sunday.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
The men were at the game too, you have to believe McDermott will be using this to motivate us tomorrow! Can this acctually give the men some momentum?

cyismydog

Apr 13, 2006
Nice to see our men cheering them on, and this has to fuel their fire, no doubt about it.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Lacey must be a meteorologist as the twister went right across Manhattan today.

rd4isu

Apr 11, 2006
I'd give my left eye to see the men put on a performance like this. You can't say enough good things about the job Bill has done this year with losing two key players.

My coworkers (Hawk fans mind you) are giving me crap about being so excited for women's bball but they just have no idea how amazing ISU bball is and how much the fans appreciate the heart of these kids. What a great day.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Very young team is getting some great playing experience - should lock up a berth in NCAAs. The last ten minutes were like a war.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
The men were at the game too, you have to believe McDermott will be using this to motivate us tomorrow! Can this acctually give the men some momentum?

If it doesn't, then our guys are not who I thought they were.

This win should motivate any Cyclone team.

Show that overtime to the guys right before the game Thursday night. Cael, get a copy and show it to your guys before they take the mat at Nationals.

Gene - pull it out before our season starts this fall...yeah - our FB team can learn from a women's basketball team.

That attitude, heart, dedication and will-power to never die - to not go quietly into the night. But instead to fight, claw, kick and scream our want to the end...

Is what should exemplify Iowa State University athletics. Gene's said it himself. We may get beat, but that team across the field is going to know we played more physical and harder than they did.

When you did that, it eventually pays off.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Lacey makes up for Jamaal's Hampton as she completely takes over the game at the end.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Honestly, the job that Bill has done this year is beyond amazing.

What is it about the Twister Sister and KC?!?!

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
This is how the Know Nothings of Houston Rockets have won 20 straight: guts, determination, try for every loose ball. Heart can beat talent.