Anyone know where we stand with Matt Farniok?

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I see he's on the front page over at HawkeyeReport.com with a Hawkeye offer and Iowa showing a lot of interest in him.

I know we have an offer out too, as does Nebraska I believe.

Please tell me that Tom wouldn't let his little brother be a Hawkeye. I know there is another Farniok at OU, but that isn't so hard to take. Hopefully Tom does what he can to talk him in to being a Cyclone.

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
I see he's on the front page over at HawkeyeReport.com with a Hawkeye offer and Iowa showing a lot of interest in him.

Please tell me that Tom wouldn't let his little brother be a Hawkeye. I know there is another Farniok at OU, but that isn't so hard to take. Hopefully Tom does what he can to talk him in to being a Cyclone.
He has rarely mentioned Iowa in any of his articles. His offers are just growing, I hope he is a Cyclone, but who knows. He talks highly about Iowa State and mentions them in pretty much every interview.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I want this kid. Let's hope Tom convinces him.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu

With his offer list I've got zero concern that he'd end up in Iowa. With his abilities and having two older brothers playing D-1 he'll either go to an elite school or follow Tom here in order to get playing time right away. The fact that Tom started as a freshman while Derek has spent most of his time on the bench at Oklahoma has to be a big plus for us.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
He's taking more about ISU and OU. Everyone else is just "offered".

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
With his offer list I've got zero concern that he'd end up in Iowa. With his abilities and having two older brothers playing D-1 he'll either go to an elite school or follow Tom here in order to get playing time right away. The fact that Tom started as a freshman while Derek has spent most of his time on the bench at Oklahoma has to be a big plus for us.

Only concern with Iowa is the position he plays and the track record they have of getting guys like him in the NFL. If he was a skill player, would agree with you completely that the combination of Cyclone connection and big offer list would rule Iowa out.

Agclone91

Feb 5, 2011
Ames
Will be interesting to see what Tom thinks of Blaney at the end of the year. After his remarks about Klenakis last year, I think its probably pretty likely he was steering his brother away from here knowing that pretty much the entire O-line hated their position coach.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Will be interesting to see what Tom thinks of Blaney at the end of the year. After his remarks about Klenakis last year, I think its probably pretty likely he was steering his brother away from here knowing that pretty much the entire O-line hated their position coach.

Bingo. I don't know what Derek's experience has been like (how much he likes OU) but it looks like Tom effing hated Klenakis. This season will be huge as far as Tom's ISU experience and him relating that to Matt.

Right now you have to believe that if Derek is liking OU more than Tom is liking ISU Matt is very much aware of that.

EDIT: Can you imagine being the mom to these monsters? I assume she has a deal with Sam's Club or some zoo food wholesaler.

Meat delivery...

Blank Park - check
Henry Doorly - check
Farniok residence...

Last edited:

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Bingo. I don't know what Derek's experience has been like (how much he likes OU) but it looks like Tom effing hated Klenakis. This season will be huge as far as Tom's ISU experience and him relating that to Matt.

Right now you have to believe that if Derek is liking OU more than Tom is liking ISU Matt is very much aware of that.

Wasn't Derek close to transferring away from OU a couple years ago?

And Tom loves ISU, he just hated Klenakis.

PabloDiablo

Feb 10, 2011
Omaha, NE
Wasn't Derek close to transferring away from OU a couple years ago?

And Tom loves ISU, he just hated Klenakis.

QFT, big time. He has spoken pretty highly about Blaney in interviews on this site as being a better overall teacher the K was. Hopefully that holds true during summer work and the season.

Boomer

Jun 7, 2010
Derek is doing fine at OU. He has a start under his belt, and will play this year behind a Sr.

I think Matt will picks an offer this summer

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

I hear Waylon and Willie warming up...

no2cyclones

Mariner Moose
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 26, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
QFT, big time. He has spoken pretty highly about Blaney in interviews on this site as being a better overall teacher the K was. Hopefully that holds true during summer work and the season.

mandy%2Bp.jpg

Cy Hard

Jan 5, 2008
Polka City
Well the kid is like what..6'8", so I stand 7 inches below him. I guess I don't know how tall Rhoads is exactly so I'm not sure where 'ISU' stands with him.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron