Keeping Dogs off Property (yes it is the offseason)

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Re: Keeping Dogs off Propery (yes it is the offseason)

I think your only recourse is to stop the dog when you see it on your lawn and tell you how him/her being there makes you feel and how you and he/she need to have open lines of communication going forward with regards to where he drops a dookie. Dogs are reasonable creatures, they'll listen.

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006

2 ladies were walking their dog behind my house last spring on trail. I was upstairs fixing washing machine when I happened to notice them out window. Dog walked right up to my fence, left a steaming pile and walked away. She walked up to it, looked around, then left it there and walked away. I started pounding on window and she looked up and they both started walking faster. ****** me off to no end.
Then yesterday I was mowing my front yard and walked right through one that looked like it was left by a bear. Seriously people, its just one of the responsibilities of owning a dog.

Reactions: LindenCy

LutherBlue

Oct 19, 2006

2 ladies were walking their dog behind my house last spring on trail. I was upstairs fixing washing machine when I happened to notice them out window. Dog walked right up to my fence, left a steaming pile and walked away. She walked up to it, looked around, then left it there and walked away. I started pounding on window and she looked up and they both started walking faster. ****** me off to no end.
Then yesterday I was mowing my front yard and walked right through one that looked like it was left by a bear. Seriously people, its just one of the responsibilities of owning a dog.
See post #2 (appropriately) in this thread. If your attitude is that you don't need to pick up after your dog, you should be executed. Anyone with that attitude should not be allowed to raise kids, vote, drive, or use any other resources that could be utilized by responsible people.

Cyballz

Aug 20, 2009

Hide in the bushes dressed in camo, facepaint, Rambo headband, shirtless with a machete and patiently wait for someone to leave their dog's **** on your sidewalk. Then jump out screaming at them to pick it up.

It takes patience, but people will think twice about not picking up after their dogs around your house. In fact, nobody will ever walk by again.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

And before you go all Clint Eastwood "Get off my lawn" you probably should post a warning! :smile:

poo1.gif

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona

See post #2 (appropriately) in this thread. If your attitude is that you don't need to pick up after your dog, you should be executed. Anyone with that attitude should not be allowed to raise kids, vote, drive, or use any other resources that could be utilized by responsible people.

well that seems a bit harsh

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com

Glass house post of the day?

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013

lawn chair+no shirt+cooler of beer near sidewalk and you don't have to worry about the dogs/owners walking down your sidewalk

Id throw in a tooth pick or a piece of straw, jorts, and cowboy boots. But make sure you have a shotgun near by just for added badassness.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse

My bad Linden. Thought the grass looked a little dead. Didn't realize it was your lawn, otherwise I would've dropped my deuce in the toilet.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola

In all serious Linden, this all comes down to the dog owner. Any responsible dog owner should either carry a bag with them at all times or if you don't have one, go back and pick it up. Sounds like you have some idiots around you that make the rest of us look bad.

This. We have had our Dog for 3 years now, and all last year he never once pooped on our walks, so I finally thought maybe he had decided it was only appropriate to poop in the backyard. The FIRST time I decided to not take a bag with me on a walk, guess what?

That being said, once I returned home, I grabbed a bag and hopped in the car to go claim the poop.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL

In all serious Linden, this all comes down to the dog owner. Any responsible dog owner should either carry a bag with them at all times or if you don't have one, go back and pick it up. Sounds like you have some idiots around you that make the rest of us look bad.

Yeah, I agree. Most owners are really good about it, but there are some douchebags out there. Just wondered if something would deter dogs from my yard and have them go on to the next. Pepper, etc. I know some owners would be ticked with pepper being put down as it can really irritate a dog's nose.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa

GET OFF MY LAWN!!

Really though, whats the big deal? Yes, if the owners do not pick up the dog crap they are being ********. If you catch them leaving the turds behind give them a good *** chewing, if you do not catch them looks like you either have to clean up a few turds or just leave it for some good fertilizer. The people and dogs are just passing through, not moving in.

Why should I (or the OP) have to clean up somebody else's dog s**t?

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL

Thanks for all the replies. If nothing else this thread is good for a laugh and some stories worse than mine.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL

I think I found the culprit:

[video=youtube;GFaYEF5IZeA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFaYEF5IZeA[/video]

Help Support Us

Become a patron