TURN- AMC

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
Anyone else watching this? Curious what everyone thinks. Based on the journals of "rebel" spy Abraham Woodhull during the revolutionary war. Gives a totally different side to the war than what we often read about in school

Sterling4Cy

Nov 13, 2006
I'm watching it. Pretty good so far. Does a good job of showing the personal struggles Abe goes through by being loyal to the Continental Army and still loyal to his father and wife and child. Was hoping it would show a little more military action but due to the budget constraints AMC has vs big Hollywood it is understandable. Some of the special effects are pretty bad but overall a very good show.

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
I'm watching it. Pretty good so far. Does a good job of showing the personal struggles Abe goes through by being loyal to the Continental Army and still loyal to his father and wife and child. Was hoping it would show a little more military action but due to the budget constraints AMC has vs big Hollywood it is understandable. Some of the special effects are pretty bad but overall a very good show.

The first episode had a ton of action and that got me hooked but it hasn't had that since. They did a good job of showing what the intel he provided did for the continental army. Haven't really seen his work in action since then and I hope they get back to that

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
Liked the pilot but still haven't watched the last couple episodes. Hoping I get some time to watch before it piles up on my DVR too bad.

dcxme1183

Jan 31, 2010
Minneapolis

Some special effects are really bad. Took me completely out of it and made me think I was watching SyFy.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Anyone else watching this? Curious what everyone thinks. Based on the journals of "rebel" spy Abraham Woodhull during the revolutionary war. Gives a totally different side to the war than what we often read about in school

I like it a lot. It's very interesting and I think I actually like it more that they aren't showing a lot of the war. It makes more sense that way since this is supposed to be the behind the scenes action.

I also like how they didn't make Abe a "super spy" overnight. He's smart but he's not winning the war and taking out all the redcoats by himself.

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006
I love it...always a fan of historical dramas.

Was looking forward to this show...I loved Brad Meltzer's Decoded show and they had one on the Culper Spy Ring, which is it what this show is based on...so when I heard about it I was excited to watch.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
I loved Brad Meltzer's Decoded show and they had one on the Culper Spy Ring, which is it what this show is based on...so when I heard about it I was excited to watch.

That show had a cool premise but was total garbage.

They never got to the bottom of anything and he didn't do anything but sit in front of a white screen. The Freemason episode got me annoyed the most... 60 minutes and the don't reveal anything. If that's the point then just have a documentary on it and not a "mystery hunt"