Rhoads' comments on the dismissal of David Irving

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Can we petition the NCAA to allow us to use 12 guys on defense this year?

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Sounds great......:shocked::swoon::v_SPIN::eek:.

Now we have the young, baby, out of shape, dline to worry about. Dline by committee?

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
The offense did not sound very good either. The punter better be damn good.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Good job Rhoads! Well said.

Yes, it hurts this defense really bad, but that's David's fault not Rhoads'. David didn't give Paul any other choice. It's too bad, but Rhoads has to demand that his players show better character.

Glad he had the guts to kick both Coe and Irving off the team. It wouldn't have happened over in IC, I can guarantee you that. It would have been handled "internally" and they both would still be on the team.

Win5002

Apr 20, 2010
Iowa will run for like 350 yards on this line when they play. I really hope people are not complaining about Rhoads all sesason because its going to be a long one, the program needs stability thats the only way for a coach to build a program at ISU. I guess if they can keep their players in 2015 the team will have a lot of experience.

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
Thought Meyers, Cousin, and Morrissey looked very good. After that who knows.

Cyclonic1

Aug 7, 2012
Sun City, AZ
I know I won't like the results but it had to be done for the integrity of the program. Next man in and then full steam ahead.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
People need to relax. It sucks that our two best Dlineman are gone. Yes it sucks losing Jensen too but it's not the end of the world folks. If you think that Wally and CPR are just gonna throw their hands up in April and say well the season is over you got another thing comin. If I've learned anything about CPR and Wally it is that when their backs are against the wall they find a way. When was the last ISU team that had just an average Dline? Please someone enlighten me? How can anyone say our offense looked terrible today? the winds were atrocious and we ran a completely vanilla offense all day. It was pretty clear to me that the coaches today were looking for proper technique, lining up properly, tackling, and effort. I think they could have cared less if the offense scored 50 pts. Cause if they had then everyone on here would be saying how horrible our depth is on defense.

How do we know if the 3 JUCO linemen aren't good? What I know is that our Oline will be better, already is better and we won't be playing qb by committee.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
People need to relax. If I've learned anything about CPR and Wally it is that when their backs are against the wall they find a way.

A way to WHAT exactly? Finish over .500 in the conference? Play in a meaningful bowl game?

CPR is (probably) still the right guy - but don't delude yourself we're anything else other than a bottom level B12 team with some grit, heart but short on talent and success...

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
People need to relax. It sucks that our two best Dlineman are gone. Yes it sucks losing Jensen too but it's not the end of the world folks. If you think that Wally and CPR are just gonna throw their hands up in April and say well the season is over you got another thing comin. If I've learned anything about CPR and Wally it is that when their backs are against the wall they find a way. When was the last ISU team that had just an average Dline? Please someone enlighten me? How can anyone say our offense looked terrible today? the winds were atrocious and we ran a completely vanilla offense all day. It was pretty clear to me that the coaches today were looking for proper technique, lining up properly, tackling, and effort. I think they could have cared less if the offense scored 50 pts. Cause if they had then everyone on here would be saying how horrible our depth is on defense.

How do we know if the 3 JUCO linemen aren't good? What I know is that our Oline will be better, already is better and we won't be playing qb by committee.
Pierson and Trent have talent, both were highly recruited

isuforlife

Sep 6, 2007
Ok Paul time to start recruiting players not thugs maybe it's to late already

Last edited: