Coco Crisp to the Cubs

jDub

Mar 23, 2006
Waukee
Rumor is that the Cubs are interested in Coco Crisp as an upgrade over Felix Pie. Crisp is certainly looking to get out of Boston.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
They've been talking about this on northsidebaseball.com for weeks now, and nothing concrete has come of it. I think the Cobs are going to stick with Pie and try to keep developing him.

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
It probably all depends on how Pie recovers from his twisted testicle.

jDub

Mar 23, 2006
Waukee
Any idea what Crisp has remaining on his contract? If Pie is still a year or two away, I can see platooning him alongside Crisp.

CyclonesRule

Apr 10, 2006
West Des Moines
I go coo coo for Coco Crisp. sorry I just had to say it. thats got to be one of the worst famous names to get teased about, next to Milton Bradley.

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
You were laughing when you wrote that....right?:wink:
I've been laughing ever since I first heard about it. Can you imagine what kind of response Lou Piniella had when he first heard?

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
I heard they may end up trading Pie to Baltimore for Roberts. So Crisp would be his replacement. Crisp is horrible though, might as well just stick with Sam Fuld or put Fukudome in CF. I would take the Cleveland Crisp over the Boston Crisp any day of the week.

ZJohnson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
On the road...
There have been talks about either Crisp or Roberts to the Cubs for months and months now. I'm not sure I'm a huge fan of either. I would love to see Pie develop into the great player that I think he can be....with the Cubs

CapnMorgan18

Jan 15, 2008
Ames, Cyclone State, USA
I heard they may end up trading Pie to Baltimore for Roberts. So Crisp would be his replacement. Crisp is horrible though, might as well just stick with Sam Fuld or put Fukudome in CF. I would take the Cleveland Crisp over the Boston Crisp any day of the week.

unless the cubs are getting more than roberts from the O's. the cubs are not going to part with Pie. he's to highly touted, and he's still very young. i am all for signing kenny lofton and having him tutor pie some more.

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
unless the cubs are getting more than roberts from the O's. the cubs are not going to part with Pie. he's to highly touted, and he's still very young. i am all for signing kenny lofton and having him tutor pie some more.

Is Lofton actually back in the mix? The guys like 41 now. He almost got us to the World Series last time he was a Cub.